Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

That's good to know. I ordered caps from Mouser (Nichicon PZ's) but they are being sent in two separate orders . The ones I have coming are 47mf's at 450. I guess a little more voltage won't hurt.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:38 PM
RCA 741PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
Wow, that chassis is clean. I really like those wood floors in your house.

Kevin
Yeah, I was surprised too. I'm used to more rust and grime. Those floors are from the 1870s. I wish it was my house, but I'm just renting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillybob View Post
That's good to know. I ordered caps from Mouser (Nichicon PZ's) but they are being sent in two separate orders . The ones I have coming are 47mf's at 450. I guess a little more voltage won't hurt.
Those are good quality caps and more voltage is no problem.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Another question has come up. The image shows a pot that is used for the focus control. The pot is rated at 4 watts and 1350 ohms and is wire wound. The pot is apparently sealed and I was wondering if there is a way to clean it properly? The back of the pot looks like it is press fit or maybe welded on( hard to tell). I don't want to damage this part by taking it apart improperly. All of the other controls have a place that is open on the body of the pot to spray in deoxit and should not be a problem. Maybe I should leave well enough alone, but since I have the chassis torn down I thought this would be the time for cleaning. On the other side of the pot there is a brass shaft where I could spray a bit of deox but It does not seem like I would do very much good. Any opinions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Focus Pot.jpg (8.8 KB, 9 views)