Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2024, 11:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for the heads up! I had found the schematic for the ECG model and was going to roll the dice on that one, at least to check it to see if the resistances matched up, but it didn't seem like the seller wanted to negotiate on price. (untested used, $50, not quite the right part was too many strikes IMO)

With the back of the CRT, anode cap, the lead, and the contacts in between cleaned up, things were looking and sounding pretty good today. Quiet, but then the sizzle suddenly came back, slightly at first, accompanied by white lines, and as I was reaching to power the set off, all hell seemed to break loose- almost sounded like blow torch (or an electrolytic capacitor flaming out), the screen went gray. This was in a split second before I had the set powered off and disconnected. Around back, something faintly smelled burned near the HV area.

Annoyingly, I dismounted the tripler again, assuming my patch up job let go, but I can't see anything out of the ordinary anywhere over there. I'll try to source parts before trying anything again. Perhaps also a power supply recap is in order as I understand this is the first time this has been run since at least the early 80's, and I haven't really gone about trying to 'reform' them gracefully/gradually.