Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:04 AM
VideoKarma Member

try unplugged the degausing coil. It could be a blanking issue but that wouldn't carse hum bars. A bad thermIstor would leave the degausing coil on and could cause this. Every 16 I have seen has degausing thermistor issues
Old 12-14-2011, 02:04 AM
"Book em Dano!"

The Degausing coil is unplugged. My Zenith portable does that so I left it unplugged. I replaced the 50MFD cap on the contrast control. Measured 20MFD, should be 50. I now have contrast but still have other issues. Going to replace all the lytics tomorrow. I bet it solves the issue
Old 12-15-2011, 03:59 AM
"Book em Dano!"

I replaced all the electrolytics and here's the result. it just goes to show, you cannot trust these. Some of my sets work fine with them but not this one. All cans tested bad except 1 section of one can. One tested only .38 mfd on all sections!. I'll be replacing all on my CTC-5 for sure! No convergence yet but looks pretty good so far. The CRT is a bit on the weak side. It's going to a friend and it wont be used too much. I hope the ETF will start rebuilding CRTs in the near future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03426.jpg (46.4 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by mstaton; 12-15-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:38 AM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstaton View Post
I replaced all the electrolytics and here's the result. it just goes to show, you cannot trust these. Some of my sets work fine with then but not this one. All cans tested bad except 1 section of one can. One tested only .38 mfd on all sections!. I'll be replacing all on my CTC-5 for sure! No convergence yet but looks pretty good so far. The CRT is a bit on the weak side. It's going to a friend and it wont be used too much. I hope the ETF will start rebuilding CRTs in the bear future.
Ta-da! Very good! Glad you found it.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

Measure the supply voltage to the RGB stages. Also have a look at the same supply with an oscilloscope. Can you view a picture? The height and width both look low, perhaps the main B+ is low. There is more that I can see. I feel that you probably have multiple faults. I hope that I might have been of help.

Wayne
Audiokarma