Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:51 PM
Nipper Rules

adjusting cathode current on a ctc 16x

hi, is there a kind soul who can walk me through the process of setting the cathode current on my ctc 16, ive just changed all the electrolytics and want to make sure its performing at optimum efficiency, thanks in advance
Old 01-18-2019, 10:21 PM
M is for Memory

The best guide is the horizontal setup procedure in your Sam's photofact (the CTC 16 is on the ETF for free under color sets -> technical info). But a basic summary is to set up the Osc for optimal performance, disconnect the cathode* of the H output tube and insert an analog DC ammeter that can handle at least 250mA (more than 500mA full scale may not give optimal sensitivity), and adjust the H efficiency/lin coil for minimum current. (Should be under 210mA and preferably in the 170-190mA range, if over 210mA after minimizing something is wrong). Then there are further steps to adjust the HV reg focus and such.

Something I recommend is to add an above chassis 250mA slow blow cathode fuse...It is cheap protection and if you ever need to check cathode current instead of pulling the chassis and soldering all you have to do is yank a fuse and clip your meter on.

*In a pinch you can get away with the plate but the leads will have dangerous voltages and currents on them in that config.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4