Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio
I think the numnuts in the electronics dept here in the store figure on getting rid of them altogether since they are pro digital idiots and have all current crap only there on the shelves. .Now I have to order online.
I hear ya...... THEY THINK GARBAGE IS BETTER and its sad.............

I didnt think ANY WALMARTS had VHS stuff on the floor FOR MANY YEARS now.....

Last edited by Dude111; 05-19-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I hear ya...... THEY THINK GARBAGE IS BETTER and its sad.............

I didnt think ANY WALMARTS had VHS stuff on the floor FOR MANY YEARS now.....

Hahaha.I agree......Yes They have carried Memorex 5 packs for $15 bucks the last few years now.They still stock the Magnavox DVD/VHS combo deck there along with dozens of the $30 dollar DVD players as I spot the combo on the shelf there.

I was down there a couple nights ago and notice a open space on the shelves for a 3 pack for $12.97 bucks probably coming in soon.I did not see what brand it will be stocking.I refuse to ask the help there as they look at you if you have two heads like the RatShack clerks did when ask a question about retro analog electronics .I'm surprised that they still carry blank cassettes tapes and the old style cassette recorder by ONN there.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Hahaha.I agree......Yes They have carried Memorex 5 packs for $15 bucks the last few years now.They still stock the Magnavox DVD/VHS combo deck there along with dozens of the $30 dollar DVD players as I spot the combo on the shelf there.

I was down there a couple nights ago and notice a open space on the shelves for a 3 pack for $12.97 bucks probably coming in soon.I did not see what brand it will be stocking.I refuse to ask the help there as they look at you if you have two heads like the RatShack clerks did when ask a question about retro analog electronics .I'm surprised that they still carry blank cassettes tapes and the old style cassette recorder by ONN there.
I still hit the thrifts and buy, brand new, unrecorded VHS tapes for 25 or 50 cents. I only buy the good quality brands and leave the cheapies, for someone else. They can usually be found, where the pre-recorded tapes are located. I seldom see Beta tapes.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

My wife and I buy VHS tapes about 1-2 times a month. Knowing how to do basic mechanic work on VCRs has its perks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997 RCA Colortrak 27" Console
1987 Zenith 19" V3912W
Old 05-28-2016, 03:23 AM
I love old stuff

Bought few blak cassettes last year.
Audiokarma
Old 05-28-2016, 10:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAZenith View Post
My wife and I buy VHS tapes about 1-2 times a month. Knowing how to do basic mechanic work on VCRs has its perks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was talking to the lady, that usually puts out the VHS tapes at the thrift store I usually haunt. She mentioned, the tapes that don't sell are the exercize and similar tapes and said, they were probably going to discard them.
I told her that I use them for testing unknown condition VCR's. I also use them for recording one hour programs like Sixty Minuites. That's a program I seldom miss!
Old 06-04-2016, 03:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I still hit the thrifts and buy, brand new, unrecorded VHS tapes for 25 or 50 cents. I only buy the good quality brands and leave the cheapies, for someone else. They can usually be found, where the pre-recorded tapes are located. I seldom see Beta tapes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I was talking to the lady, that usually puts out the VHS tapes at the thrift store I usually haunt. She mentioned, the tapes that don't sell are the exercize and similar tapes and said, they were probably going to discard them.
I told her that I use them for testing unknown condition VCR's. I also use them for recording one hour programs like Sixty Minuites. That's a program I seldom miss!
Thanks.I got to check out the thrifts .As I was there last night the numnuts at Walmart still did not stock the tapes yet in its open space .I refuse to ask the guy there because he will look at me like I got two heads.yes I use those short tapes for testing VCR's. They save the T120's from getting ruined.

I'm surprised that the exercise tapes dont sell.I figure some man would grab them to just look at the women on them.LOL. Like Kathy Smith.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just picked yesterday:

The Rage: Carrie 2
Big Mommas House
Miyazaki's Spirited Away
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Night Visitor
Wrong Turn
Wish master 2
West Craven's New Nightmare
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 Dream Warriors
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 Freddy's Revenge
Friday the 13th
Raw Deal
Jeepers Creepers 2
Omen IV The Awakening
Star Trek #78 All our Yesterday's
Star Trek #17 Shore Leave
Star Trek #75 The Way to Eden
Star Trek #34 Amok Time
Star Trek #42 The Trouble with Tribbles
Star Trek #65 For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Star Trek #22 The Return Of The Archons
Star Trek #66 Day Of The Dove
Star Trek #48 The Immunity Syndrome
Star Trek #7 The Naked Time
Star Trek #49 A Piece Of The Action
Old 06-09-2016, 09:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Thanks.I got to check out the thrifts .As I was there last night the numnuts at Walmart still did not stock the tapes yet in its open space .I refuse to ask the guy there because he will look at me like I got two heads.yes I use those short tapes for testing VCR's. They save the T120's from getting ruined.

I'm surprised that the exercise tapes dont sell.I figure some man would grab them to just look at the women on them.LOL. Like Kathy Smith.
A real score yesterday. An unopened TDK, 12 pack and an unopened Sony 8 pack, buck each, less my 20% seniors discount. Seem to be a little higher quality tapes.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:54 PM
Cassette Collector

Haven't bought VHS tapes in a while, but my last find came from the flea market. Got two 10-count boxes of sealed Sony PR-30 VHS tapes, probably from the late '80s or early '90s. $8.00 for both boxes.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:04 PM
M is for Memory

I bought 3 sealed Fuji SVHS ST-120 double coating tapes for $5 today. I don't need them, but it is good to have more than 1 SVHS tape.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 06-19-2016, 11:49 PM
Analogue is Awesome

I last got 2 VHS movies

1) Saw II (2005)
2) Defending your life (1991) - Demo tape
Old 06-22-2016, 10:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

Picked up yesterday:

8 x-files tapes. 2 episodes on each. 3 of them in a box set.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Today I got Creams last concert (Farewell concert of Cream) - 1968

This is the first VHS release by MEDA in 1978 (Not Media .. MEDA (@ first they called themselves MEDA))

Tape is in excellent condition!! (Sadly you dont find many from that far back in good shape)
Old 07-18-2016, 08:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Picked up a sealed MEDAs and early MEDIAs a few weeks back. A local guy who was big on public access passed away. Got a bunch of early '80s tapes, a few UMATIC tapes from Warner Bros, and a Pioneer CLD-3030 LaserDisc player.
Audiokarma