Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2020, 08:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Stromberg Carlson X-21 M4B project.

This weekend I intend to go out and get that Stromberg Carlson X-21 M4B television that is to be my restoration project next year.

It's a bit of a drive, but not TOO FAR, but I am having to borrow my mom's car to move it, ( laid face down in the back on foam and covered with blankets ) as there is no way to fit it in my Yaris.

I can find little about this specific model “M4B” but it IS seen in this reference, http://www.earlytelevision.org/pdf/rider-67.pdf
And I know that the inner core of it, X-21 was used in many other sets, so it should not be that hard to deal with.

From what I saw, the cabinet had some exposure damage, and will need some work as well, no telling what the chassis is like after being in storage, just gotta wait ant see!

But the very first thing I will do when I get it home is get the 21AUP4A on my BK Precision 490B, and see how well it is going to wake up!