Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2013, 02:39 AM
VideoKarma Member

I haven't had too much time to work on the set further this weekend, but I do have a vague semblance of a picture on the screen tonight.

As you can see, the red isn't very strong, but it is functioning. From the picture here, one might get the impression there is no red at all.

I'm not out of the woods yet by any means on the flyback. What I find is that with any significant brightness on the screen, the HV collapses down to 16 kV, and even lower at full brightness. So I'm definitely short a bunch of turns on the flyback. Focus is also very unstable, and I had to modify the range of the focus control to get even close to focusing properly.

I'll work on some other aspects of the set for a while, and then return to the HV problem. I may try adding more turns to the flyback, or try the voltage tripler module I have in another set (and run it off the primary of the flyback as was suggested back on page 1).

I have the vertical dynamic convergence transformer out of circuit now so I can apply the focus voltage. New transformer has been ordered from our fine colleague John Folsom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CT-100 picture on screen.jpg (34.3 KB, 326 views)

Last edited by Tom Albrecht; 11-18-2013 at 02:48 AM.