Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Site News

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

Less than a week away.

Please. if you haven't already done so, make sure to spread the word on this meet. Without people attending (and bringing TVs and related items to sell), this meet won't be successful. I'd like to see this as an annual event, but if it doesn't get a good start, this may be the last.

So call or email your TV collecting friends. Many don't read the forums here, and many that do may not look in this category to have read about the swap. Thanks.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Workin' Late Again

I was wanting to attend this event, however I have another obligation on Saturday that's going to make it impossible for me to get back home, load up, and make the long drive safely. I sure hope it's a successful event so I can attend another in the future.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
I was wanting to attend this event, however I have another obligation on Saturday that's going to make it impossible for me to get back home, load up, and make the long drive safely. I sure hope it's a successful event so I can attend another in the future.
I sure hope it is too!
Most of the stuff, I'll be bringing, belongs to a friend, that's been collecting for 30 some years.
I told him to gather all tube sets, as there isn't a whole lot of interest in solid-state, at this time.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:04 PM
M is for Memory

Admiral bakelite set, works but CRT almost totally dead (if it don't pre-sell I'll be looking for a 12LP4) 75$.
Grinnell (Olympic re-badged) works, 75$. (will bundle with Majestic for 100$)
Majestic, works, 75$.

1976 Zenith CCII, works with intermittents, 55$

1965 Philco roundy, works 250$.

1958 Setchell Carlson, works, but has dirty tuner and pots 50$.
1953 Zenith, works, comes with stand, and top loading VCR (which is the only RF modulator it likes) 80$.

1955 RCA CTC-4 Seville project, 90% recapped, with a gassy 21AXP and good 21FBP(installed) 1200$. Needs new IF board or new IF socket + AGC troubleshooting + full alignment, as well as refinishing, back, yoke cover, and other misc stuff.
http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/El...?sort=3&page=1
http://videokarma.org/showthread.php...erized+seville

CRTs.

Tests on the lower end of good, face scratched 60$.

Unusable gassy Zenith 21FJP22 and or mounting hardware 5$.

7JP4 displays a bright raster when connected to a half restored moto VT-71 250$ (negotiable).

NOS 12CNP4 (not pictured), untested, 50$.

I don't want to bring a ton of stuff there just to haul it back, so if no responses I'll probably not bring very much.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 07-19-2014, 07:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

I am here, at the value inn, a few miles from the meet.

I brought my 21FJP22 tube, a 17DQP4 tube, supposed to be new, my 16GP4 tube I spoke about...and my portacolor set I have--clean and looks nice, has a vertical issue. --all for sale.

Did NOT realize you all are an hour behind here...

going to get some supper. will be back later...
Audiokarma
Old 07-19-2014, 09:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Glad you made it rca2000.

I'll be going to bed shortly, I need to get up in 5-1/2 hours to make the drive down from Appleton. I expect to be on site by 6AM at the latest to start setting up.

Here are a few more sets that made it into the trailer today:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2275.jpg (67.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2273.jpg (48.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2274.jpg (60.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2272.jpg (72.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-20-2014, 10:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

So... How'd it go?... Any good finds?... Make good sales?... I see some nice one's posted here on this page. Too bad I couldnt make it, but I wonder, in reality how much $400, a portable '57 GE TV and a few radio's to sell/trade would actually get me.

Well, post some find's!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackN920 View Post
So... How'd it go?... Any good finds?... Make good sales?... I see some nice one's posted here on this page. Too bad I couldnt make it, but I wonder, in reality how much $400, a portable '57 GE TV and a few radio's to sell/trade would actually get me.

Well, post some find's!!!
There was a lot of interesting sets there, spanning 60 years. All kinds of radio's, TV's, B/W and color, parts, CRT's.
We missed a few of our regular posters. A few, I was really interested in meeting.
Most of the items, were priced a lot less than the usual EBAY offerings.
Try to make it the next time!
Old 07-25-2014, 09:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Greetings,
My name is John, and I have been a radio, audio and TV collector since the late 1970’s. My TV interest is in early TV, basically before 1950. I have been a member of this form for a while, and this is my first post. Last Sunday the WARCI swap meet was one of the best that I can remember. There were more early TV sets than I have ever seen in one place, and also some incredible vintage tube amps (pair Mcintosh MC60, Marantz 8B amp). The WARCI Swap meet was the first time that I ever had the chance to buy a truck load of early TVs, which is exactly what I did. If I had more room, I would have brought home four or five more sets.
If the WARCI plans to do this again, I would encourage everyone to come out. Following are what I bought and pictures of what I put into the truck.

Admiral 20X1
Crosley 10-401
Emerson 571
GE Locomotive – qty 3
Motorola VT-71 – qty 3
Sentinel 400
Teletone TV208 – qty 2

I will post a second with the last sets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Admiral 20x1.JPG (106.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Crosley 10-401.JPG (57.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Emerson 571.JPG (64.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg GE Locomotives.JPG (68.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Motorola VT-71.JPG (66.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-25-2014, 09:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here are the last two sets.

Later,

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sentinel 400.JPG (70.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Teletone TV208.JPG (74.5 KB, 9 views)
Audiokarma
Old 07-26-2014, 02:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrestorer View Post
There were more early TV sets than I have ever seen in one place, and also some incredible vintage tube amps (pair Mcintosh MC60, Marantz 8B amp). The WARCI Swap meet was the first time that I ever had the chance to buy a truck load of early TVs, which is exactly what I did. If I had more room, I would have brought home four or five more sets.
Nice instant collection, John. Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

Pictures from the WARCI TV/radio swap meet are now up on their website:

http://www.warci.org/photos.html

Old 07-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Workin' Late Again

Thanks for posting. It was a beautiful day for an outdoor meet, love the sunrise picture. My back is sore just thinking about all those sets Jim moved.
Overall sounds like it was a great success.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:45 PM
M is for Memory

I bought 11 TVs (counting the Portacolor without a CRT), a Reel to Reel tape deck (I have a few, but none that can handle the 15" reels like this one), and traded away two sets (though taking the Quasar was a condition of the trade) I took to the meet. I made exactly 0 cash sales.
Here are the pictures.

All show signs of life except for the hollow Portacolor, the 7" Admiral, the 10" RCA, and the little Sony.

The little Panasonic with no power up on the screen I quickly fixed to up 90% working, yesterday. The symptom described instantly made me think open series string filament, and I was right!...Sort of. One of the tuner tubes was completely missing. After finding one in my stocks it powers up and is just fine save for 1/3 vertical under-scan at the bottom, and some mild vertical fold over. I'll try and get it done tonight.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 07-21-2014, 08:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I bought 11 TVs (counting the Portacolor without a CRT), a Reel to Reel tape deck (I have a few, but none that can handle the 15" reels like this one), and traded away two sets (though taking the Quasar was a condition of the trade) I took to the meet. I made exactly 0 cash sales.
Here are the pictures.

All show signs of life except for the hollow Portacolor, the 7" Admiral, the 10" RCA, and the little Sony.

The little Panasonic with no power up on the screen I quickly fixed to up 90% working, yesterday. The symptom described instantly made me think open series string filament, and I was right!...Sort of. One of the tuner tubes was completely missing. After finding one in my stocks it powers up and is just fine save for 1/3 vertical under-scan at the bottom, and some mild vertical fold over. I'll try and get it done tonight.
Tom! I was great seeing you again and meeting your father.
It's really amazing how much the Honda CRV can haul.
Audiokarma