Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Philco T9

Hello All,

I have a Philco T9 multiband radio, which worked with the original caps but with low volume and bad sensitivity. Lacking a schematic, I replaced all of the electrolytic and paper caps I could see (only 5 of them), and the volume improved--but the sensitivity is still pretty lousy on all but the strongest local broadcast stations (which have volume to spare). Shortwave reception is even worse, but the occasional station does make its way through--albeit very weakly--and only with the volume cranked all the way up.

From the limited information I have found regarding the set online, it seems that an alignment is in order. Would anybody out there happen to have the schematic/alignment instructions for this model?

I read somewhere that this set wasn't exactly an astonishing performer when brand new. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, is there a scan of the logbook that was strapped to the lid available anywhere?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looks like that was in Sams 429-10. I should have a copy, which I could mail you, or it should be small enough to scan and email to you. Send me a PM.