Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:11 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Godfrey Daniel....

And most of youse byrds likely know what I really mean by THAT. I am wanting to buy a simple extendable FM antenna that I could install on a 90 degree PL-259 jack in the back of my JRC NRD-545 receiver that has an 30MhZ-1000 MhZ adapter as well, so as to get all the local FM stations, police, air, what have you. Might gat a similar set up for my ICOM R-7000, which is a dedicated/proper UHF/VHF rig. Shame to have these wondrous rigs, & no "Tennas" for 'em. Oh, I likely DO have what I need here at the Casa De Sandy, but I think that its all downstairs in the Funk & Turdingtons in my basement, & I DON'T wanna go down there anymore than I just HAVE to. Sure do wish RatShak was still around- I made fun of them, but I SURE miss 'em now that they're gone. Shit, I could about go to the part of my local RatShak & get what I wanted even now w/my eyes closed... I've looked on the internet, & apparently, one cannot pick up a telephone, call some outfit that sells electronic "Odds 'n' Ends" like this, or a spool of speaker wire, unless you wanna "Go Online".... Shit, lemme just TALK to somebody who is at least a TINY bit savvy about this stuff, I'll give him my credit card #, & we're done in 5 minutes tops. Why is that such a hard concept for some outfit that sells this Schtuff to unnerstan', Pancho ? Or is Der Internet MANDATED for all this, too ?!? As I said, "Godfrey Daniel"....That was what William Claude Dukinfield would exclaim in a lot of his moves when exasperated, or not wanting to rile up the Hayes Office.... (Grin)
Old 02-18-2019, 01:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Have you considered Universal Radio? They have knowledgeable people that answer phones and take orders and have a wide assortment of antennas for all purposes.

1-800-431-3939

not affiliated,
jr
Old 02-18-2019, 02:20 PM
M is for Memory

Ham radio outlet may be an option.

Most technical electronics supply has moved to the internet cause the market is small and most folks that know this stuff have time too valuable for a radio shack type job and or are clever enough to automate tedium out of their life via the interwebs.... Also most buyers these days know enough to spec it out online, and realize they can get their doohickeys cheaper there.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 02-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Well, called Universal this AM-Can't believe I didn't remember about THEM, & talked to a chap named ""Josh". Got a few adaptors & a couple of Diamond tennys coming. Lamented I COULDN'T get 3,4 ICOM R-9500s & maybe a new in the box COLLINS R-390A....Well, I COULD get the ICOMS, but my wife would likely have a cow, & I'd be wearing an ICOM up my heinie..., they're only $13K apiece... Lessee, one for my office here, one for the Little Boys' Room, one for the Living Room, maybe one for my wife's kitchen, & oh, yeah, one at least for Bethany& Corey's house for when I go visit them... At least, the 9500 is available to civilians-The "Cell Frequencies" are blocked, altho any more they're all digitized, so you can't pick up anything on the cell freqs anymore anyway... The Drooling Idjits in DC made such a ginormous deal about how they'd made Cell Fones safe for drug dealers & low-life spouse cheaters back when they required all cell fone freqs to be scrambled. Just another example of how clueless Warshington truly is, on 99.9% of everything they do...