Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2015, 02:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

'46-'47 RCA radio/radio record player console

I just bought this RCA Victor, model 67V1, BC/SW radio/78 rpm record player console from the flea market. I need another console like I need a hole in the head; but, this is one of the nicest looking ones that I've found (most of the consoles from this era that I find have seen better days) and this one is too nice to let someone "downcycle" it. The vendor who sold it to me said that he bought it from an elderly couple, from inside their home. Chances are, it's been sitting in their home since it was new. We ended up loading it onto the back seat of a Toyota Camry and I think they added a few minor scratches to the cabinet while loading it. At any rate, it's still a nice looking unit and I will restore it one day.

I've seen this same record changer in some Admiral models; so, I figure this changer was either made by Admiral or Crescent. I'm happy that it still has the original changer, since so many of these later 78 rpm models were often converted to multi-speed changers (often a hack job). The chassis uses a power transformer, with PP-6K6's in the output stage. Even though it's a lower end model, it should still be a decent performer.