Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Banned

1960s Sears Silvertone Solid State Clock Radio

Hello everyone today I visited one of the many antique malls in the area near me and I found in one of the booths a 1960s vintage Sears Silvertone clock radio with a Telechron rotor-dial (as opposed to a flip-dial) movement installed. The unit just needed some cleaning and that was it. Interestingly enough this unit I think may have been made for Sears by GE because it just screams GE the way its made, from the type of power cord used right down to the Telechron movement (which yes I realize that other independent manufacturers used Telechron movements in their clocks as well but not as recently as the mid 1960s). The clock is mounted in a seperate assembly on top of the radio and the clock assembly rotates 45 degrees to the right or left, and it has AM and FM both with switchable AFC on the FM band.
I have some pictures posted below of the aforementioned clock for you to take a look at. The clock radio had on the inside of the radio on the circuit boards an EIA Code of 248 stamped on them, and then the model number of the radio is Model 132.20890000, which is kind of confusing because I know that the first 3 digits of any Sears/Silvertone model number was usually a code for who made the unit for Sears and then the unit actually has an actual EIA Code stamped inside the unit on the circuit boards also reflecting who made the unit for them, another interesting thing about this radio is the fact that even though it was made here in America by an American firm it has Japanese Made Elna Caps in the unit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2745.jpg (76.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2746.jpg (39.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2747.jpg (64.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2748.jpg (132.6 KB, 21 views)