Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
AK Member

Hi Randy I'm new to this forum and am really enjoying it. Hope you can help, recently acquired a gorgeous Astro- Sonic console and of course it needs work. What would you recommend book wise I believe the ouput problem is in the tuner , the amp works fine DI'd, the spkrs work fine DI'd ,but using the radio or TT there is very little output on the left side .Should I order a sam's ? they list three possibly , my receiver says R20701BA . The amp says A57502AC on stickers. The cabinet says 3ST686 serial #4674968 mfg 09/65 and boy is this thing mint not a scratch and wow do those 15 inch spkrs purr .Thanks for any help Norman Dayan ( NDDPM@MSN.COM )
Old 11-14-2007, 11:56 AM
AK Member

Randy I sent you this note yesterday and I think I inadvertendly deleted your reply could you possibly resend it ? Thanks "Hi Randy I'm new to this forum and am really enjoying it. Hope you can help, recently acquired a gorgeous Astro- Sonic console and of course it needs work. What would you recommend book wise I believe the ouput problem is in the tuner , the amp works fine DI'd, the spkrs work fine DI'd ,but using the radio or TT there is very little output on the left side .Should I order a sam's ? they list three possibly , my receiver says R20701BA . The amp says A57502AC on stickers. The cabinet says 3ST686 serial #4674968 mfg 09/65 and boy is this thing mint not a scratch and wow do those 15 inch spkrs purr .Thanks for any help Norman Dayan ( NDDPM@MSN.COM )"
Old 11-19-2007, 03:59 PM
AK Member

Randy I've noticed how helpful and knowledgable you've been , if I can find my Chassis and TT #s do you think it's possible you could send some copies of the service manuals, or where to get them ? Oh and where the heck can I find a Maggie/Excelite 4 in 1 tool ?? Thanks Norman Dayan NDDPM@MSN.COM p.s. I think you already replied to my request once already but I inadvertendly deleted your e-mail it went into my junk file automatically by mistake Thanks again
Old 11-21-2007, 12:01 PM
AK Member

I have the Magnavox Service Manuals for your set. They are complete with circuit descriptions. Since I retired I no longer have the great deal on making copies I once had so it may take me a little while to get them copied. PM your mailing address so I can send them to you.

Handi tools are hard to find, I've got one and I've also got the Magnavox tool set that was made by xcelite but is branded Magnavox and includes the forked end driver to remove the tuner assembles from TV's and both of the inverted pal nut wrenches for removing the nuts around the stereo control shafts so the bezel can be removed.

A workaround to get the inverted pal nuts off is to use a nut that will fit in the pal nut, since the pal nut is very shallow enough of the nut will stick up so you can get a socket on it and remove it.