Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Hehehehe...I have a cousin in Chattanooga, Tommy Kirk. Back in the Fifties, he & the whole family went on a "Family Vacation" to see Aunt Elsie in DC. This was B4 Interstates, A/C, the whole thing. 8 of 'em in ONE car, 2 lane blacktop. Tommy Kirk was right at the age of being a REAL l'il Shit, everybody was ready to Pinch his widdle Head Off about the 2nd day...They spend a week or so at Elsie's, then head back to Chat Town. Well, on the way back, his MAMA gets a bellyfull of him. They stop to eat at some place up in Virginia, Aunt Ruth gets up, heads to the women's can, wheels around, & says, "THOMAS KIRK JONES ! COME HERE !!" & motions w/her finger. Aunt Ruth was a BIG woman, nearly 6' tall, & NOT fat, but not petite, either. Anyhow, Master Tommy Kirk gets up puts his hands on his hips, says snottily, "Well, what does SHE want ?!?" & trots over to the women's john. This Hand comes out of the john, snatches Young Master Thomas Kirk off his feet, & from within the John, there eminates several dull thuds & muffled screams. Presently, Master Thomas Kirk Jones & Aunt Ruth emerge, Tommy Kirk's face is washed, hair combed, pants pulled way up, & Aunt Ruth had a Look on her face...They'd had what we call in the South as a "Come to Jesus" meeting, but Jesus wasn't exactly there. But Master Thomas Kirk had a WHOLE different outlook on life the rest of the trip, & he was a VERY Dood Widdle Boy from then on... Methinks most kids nowadays would benefit greatly from having the same sort of meeting a time or 2...I had a couple, & then I sorta got the message to Straighten Up & Fly Right-Or Else. "Time Outs", "Reasoning", all that "New-Age" touchy-feely garbage just doesn't cut it w/most young-uns-a trip to ANY restaurant or Wal-Mart will bear that out. My parents never beat me needlessly, but I knew I'd get my daddy's size 12-D shoe up my butt if I got too far out of line.
Old 04-12-2023, 12:23 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut
Well, now you know
Ya buddy I guess I do but I always used to think all this started in the 80s!!
Old 05-08-2023, 09:34 AM
I love old stuff

I managed to take a look at this topic.
In Romania we have a Rap/Hip-Hop group called Paraziţii (The Parasites). In the past a lot of people listened to them. They do have quite a lot of swearing and some offensive lyricis too. This got them in trouble with our local version of the F.C.C. But they did say something like: do not confuse the obscenity with the obscene way of sending a message.
Censorship is good up untill one level. You can ban certain things on tv (I do not want to give examples) - try to do that with the internet, but too much banning will not do good. Because people will not know how to behave when the censorship (any kind of it) will be gone. Besides lacking values and the downfall of education, one other reason for the society going in a bad way is the fact that in the past people dind't thought that the days with restrictions will be gone and never learned themself or teached other people how to behave in a more free society. And probably some people took revenge on the days of the censorship. I do respect old people (and people generally speaking), but when old people start to say something "we have the right to..." I do like that I can reply to them.
Oh, and it isn't obscen/vulgar lyrics or some erotica that gets things bad. It is the generall message. Get naked and you will get cool. Get "dirty" and the same. That's the problem. I do confess that I do swear a lot - I do get angry very fast.
As for muders. Darn, in Romania in the '90's, 2000-2003 was poverty. O.k, around 1997-1998 people do started to buy some thing in a quite larger number - like P.C's, but there was still poverty. Things like walk-man where expensive for a lot of people - in U.S.A. even poor people could afford them in the '90's and "McDonald's" was even around 2000 considered a quite fancy restaurant. There was violence, you could get mugged, but murder... it was not common even back then. Even in the most gray years, Bucharest, which haves a population of around 2 million people did not exced probably around 100 murders per year (or 80). Chicago, a city with quite the same number of people... even 800! Still puzzles me. I think it's about education or simply murder isn't in the genetics of the modern Romania. Oh, some quite larger number of murders here take place when people go to drink and...
Young people do drink beer and wine in Romania. In U.S.A. some states do allow for adults to serve alchool to people under 21 at home, some do not. In Romania, in theory people under 18 do not have acces to alchool in restaurants, but... with or without the parents, they do drink sometimes. " The alchool is the life and life is alchool" Paraziţii are saying.
When I was a teen, usually on Satruday night there erotic movies on private owned tv staions. I used to watch them.
Oh, the fact that most talking here is done in civilized terms makes me behave myslef here.
Sorry for some wrong written words, but I did had a bad day and I'm still sleepy.