Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2024, 02:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

1960s? Rock-ola Jukebox acquired and need some info

Greetings everyone, today I acquired a what I'm assuming is a 1960s vintage Rock-ola jukebox that purports to be "stereo" but I wasn't aware of any 45 RPM records that were ever released that were stereo, so maybe it was a gimmick?

Anyways the unit is mostly functional except for the turntable platter is missing, its missing the needle, and the record pickup arm is malfunctioning and I was wondering if there was any service data for this unit, and if there was any parts that could be acquired for for this unit from say Voice of Music Enthusiasts or some place similar?

This is my first Jukebox I've ever owned (I've known people and currently know someone who owns a jukebox, but never owned one personally before.)
I've always wanted a jukebox but could never afford one before, but I was finally able to get one at a good price from a co-worker at work, and I only had to give $200 and it came with a box of an additional 200 records besides the 100+ records I already had on hand, that people gave me over the years.

Any help and info would be appreciated.

P. S. This does have a tube amplifier in it and the Model Number given on the front panel is GP-160 which I don't know if that is the actual model number or if its just a capacity designation, or if that number is even of any use to anyone on here in identifying anything service data for this unit.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jukebox Front View.jpg (137.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Jukebox Mechanism.JPG (106.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Jukebox Tonearm assembly.JPG (92.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Jukebox Turntable mechanism.JPG (112.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Jukebox Powersupply and panel light transformer.JPG (110.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Jukebox Information tag.JPG (128.7 KB, 14 views)