Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-08-2020, 03:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

I use VCRs to capture and archive logos and commercials

Hello, VideoKarma! I'm just a random dude from Western Kentucky, where you'll find not much other than crop fields and a lake or two.
I don't have nearly the amount of expertise regarding videocassette recorders as some on here, but using them is necessary for one of my hobbies, where I search for undiscovered or rare studio/home video logos that can be seen on home video releases or home recordings of television programs. I also have a small collection of old radios, though I don't tinker with them.
I also plan on getting a nice, yet cheap turntable soon for my vinyl collection and am considering getting an older, higher-quality turntable.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

You're not random: you're unique. Out here I live under similar circumstances but that doesn't stop me. I need to get a good turntable for my quadraphonic records.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:16 PM
I like....big sparks!!

Welcome to VK! Our sister site www.audiokarma.org is free. You need a separate account...but registration is as easy as it is here. AK is the SOURCE for everything audio... including turntables of course!

Ham shack...AM side: Knight-Kit T-60, RME-45
Vintage SSB side: National 200
Modern SSB: Kenwood TS-180S
MFJ tuner, 130' dipole
Old 08-11-2020, 12:49 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Sure wish you were close. I have a couple of big boxes (hundreds) of mostly VHS tapes I would give you just to get them into someone's hands that wants to go through them. Shipping would be ridiculous. These are from early 80s through about 2007, no outer cases, just a huge number of these that came in VCRs I repaired for 25 years (est about 1000 VCRs a year). I always kept the "bad" tape that was in the machine if it got "eaten" or contaminated with grease or somesuch, and I would void any warranty if they wanted it back and reused it. Very few customers complained about that for that very reason. So some tapes will be like that. Lots of customer's time-shifting tapes from the D-FW area. You have to know how to properly unclog heads if you hit a bad spot!
Old 08-21-2020, 01:59 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Welcome ashore!!!!!
Audiokarma
Old 08-23-2020, 02:31 PM
...enjoys spaghetti.

Over ten years ago I grabbed a huge box of tapes, (est. 100+) from a hoarder house clean out thinking I'd go through them and perhaps find something interesting. So far, I've gone through about 5, lol. I also like discovering interesting old recording from the early days of VCRs. So far, the best discovery was the Today Show special coverage of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin, (1995). Sometimes I worry that I have no idea what else is on there, but it's sitting in my house!