Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2015, 02:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

New here, near Charlottesville VA.

I found this forum after doing some research on an old TV I rescued from the dump.

Vintage electronics has been a hobby of mine since childhood. I mostly stick with game consoles and computers, but will take a crack at most anything. I have very little experience with pre 1970 electronics excluding record players and reel to reel audio.

In my current situation its not easy to leave the house for work so I have turned this into a small business called Josh's Comps & Games to help supplement my wife's income. Not doing so well yet between a small market and a capital of $0 to start with.

Anyway back to the TV...

I found this beautiful GE M740WMB at the dump and I could not let it stay there. I can not find any information on it and I want to do the right thing with it. I would love to try a restoration, but I don't want to accidentally use a collectors dream as a Guinea pig so any help would be appreciated. At the current moment it does not power on, which may be a good thing because it seems I would need to do a good inspection before letting the electricity flow anyway. I have not spent much time with it yet, but should have a good amount of time this week.

I've been browsing the forum, seems like a good group here and I am happy to now be a part of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151128_140525.jpg (65.3 KB, 38 views)