Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

FREE RCA color TV, CL 670 F

FREE RCA all-tube chassis color TV console, Model CL 670 F, chassis no. 14crc38xt, CRT # 25XP 22. It's a French Provincial cabinet in good condition (slight moisture damage at bottom of legs).

Located in central lower Michigan (Bay City, 48706). I can send photos. I will be there for bay City's St. Patrick's Parade the weekend of March 17-18. Here's a chance to score a cool RCA TV for free!

Chris Campbell
Old 02-16-2018, 09:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

i checked were bay city is ,that's still a drive for me and im near south bend In.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

More info on the TV. It was working when stored. My parents had been watching it and "smelled something burning" so they turned it off. It was still functioning. Somebody suggested that this model had a common problem with the auto degauss circuit doing a self-incineration, and that would be consistent with the set still working while smelling.

Chris Campbell
Old 03-10-2018, 05:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'll bump this up again because I'm going to be in the location where the TV lives next weekend. It anybody wants to see it in person, let me know. I can send photos, too.

Chris Campbell
Old 04-10-2018, 08:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Another bump because I'm going to be around the TV's location almost every weekend until the end of May. I can send photos.

Chris Campbell
Audiokarma
Old 04-10-2018, 10:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Really surprising that nobody as grabbed this. It's well worth it just for the picture tube. Same old story, I guess: location, location, location.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location? Michigan is a lovely place. But it is two peninsulas, which means that we're not usually on anybody's path from east to west, especially the Lower Peninsula. People in central states may have visitors, friends and relatives, who drop by when they are passing through. Not here. But for people doing some touring, a good option is the car ferry across Lake Michigan. It runs from Manitowoc, WI to Frankfort, MI. It was designed for railroad cars--this is a serious ferry--but now carries automobiles and trucks. People who don;t know the Great Lakes don't realize the immensity. When you're crossing on the ferry, you lose sight of land.

Meanwhile, somebody has indicated an interest in the TV. The current problem is that it's mid-April and winter returned with a vengeance. Where the TV sits, we had winds over 45 mph and flooding from Lake Huron waves over the weekend. Not a good time for picking up cool TVs. It's time for spring, dammit.

Chris Campbell
Old 04-18-2018, 10:09 PM
M is for Memory

This side of lake Mich we're digging out of very unseasonable snow....The grass was just getting green and the spring flowers popping up...Now it's all under ~1' of snow.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
This side of lake Mich we're digging out of very unseasonable snow....The grass was just getting green and the spring flowers popping up...Now it's all under ~1' of snow.
I measured 10"-14" of snow in my backyard, where there had been none. I had been riding the summer commuter bike to work for a week or more but now it's back to the winter bike with its fenders and studded tires. Yeah, studded tires are legal for bicycles, and those canny Finns make them.

The TV lives a hundred miles south of here, but there was enough dense, wet snow there to make starting and stopping problematic in my Ranger truck. The snow tires were stored safely in the garage because hey, it's spring.

Pewaukee--isn't that the home of Melges?

Chris Campbell
Old 04-19-2018, 10:21 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Chris View Post
I measured 10"-14" of snow in my backyard, where there had been none. I had been riding the summer commuter bike to work for a week or more but now it's back to the winter bike with its fenders and studded tires. Yeah, studded tires are legal for bicycles, and those canny Finns make them.

The TV lives a hundred miles south of here, but there was enough dense, wet snow there to make starting and stopping problematic in my Ranger truck. The snow tires were stored safely in the garage because hey, it's spring.

Chris Campbell
Could be. I can see the lake from here and some of the boats on it, but the closest I've come to owning a boat is my 1978 Lincoln Mark V...Gotta love a 2 door that is a foot longer than my full sized Suburban! I carefully park them straight then laugh at/mock folks who regularly park a car half the length crooked...If I let them park my cars they would either get good or loose insurance.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Audiokarma
Old 04-19-2018, 11:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Chris View Post
Google puts Melges in Zenda Wisconsin, about 50 miles away from Pewaukee.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:53 PM
<----Zenith C845

We get quite a bit of snow in winter, but not as much as two towns south of here, due to the high elevation of those areas. (Fairport Harbor, Ohio, where I live, is a mile east of the lake and 610 feet above sea level.) One of the towns that gets dumped on every year is Chardon, Ohio, Geauga County, which always gets more snow than most of the rest of northeastern Ohio due, of course, to its high elevation, not unlike Buffalo, New York. An old friend of mine used to live in Chardon (he still has a home there and grew up in the Cleveland area, which is how we came to know each other), but he moved to Florida some time ago. He probably, even likely, doesn't miss all the snow he had when he was in northeastern Ohio. We keep in touch with each other by e-mail, and he has told me more than once in his messages to me about temperatures in the upper 70s--while I am sitting here in northeastern Ohio, with snow on the ground and temperatures below freezing.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 04-20-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
We get quite a bit of snow in winter, but not as much as two towns south of here, due to the high elevation of those areas. (Fairport Harbor, Ohio, where I live, is a mile east of the lake and 610 feet above sea level.) .
Fairport is where the original schooner Madeline was built in 1845. We have a replica schooner that sails the Great Lakes on the summer, giving lessons in Great Lakes maritime history. She was built right here in Traverse City by volunteers.

Chris Campbell
Old 05-15-2018, 09:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Taken!

The TV has found a new home! A nice guy from this list drove up and took it away to be restored. He's happy to have it and I'm happy that somebody will enjoy it.

Chris Campbell
Old 05-16-2018, 01:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

The CTC38 gets a lot of hate, but I have enjoyed mine.
Audiokarma