Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:29 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobtubeman View Post
Speaking of towncars, anyone with $200 want this one? Needs a transmission, but the 4.6 v8 runs great..

SR
Best to sell that to someone out of state anyway, chances are it won't pass a tailpipe sniff in Cali.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

+1 on the cheap OBDII code reader, worth every penny.

my car (01 miata) would miss and bog when I was on the freeway, scary stuff. I replaced the engine ground strap and both ignition coils (hybrid coil on plug/wasted spark setup with short wires to jump to the other spark plugs) solved that problem. It still is kinda hard to start so I'm gonna see if she will throw a cam sensor code.......

Sometimes code readers don't work though. Last summer my grandma's Buick (3100 v6) just wouldn't start one day. I plugged in the reader and got no fault codes! I determined it wasn't getting spark, tested the DIS igniter module (under the 3 dual tower ignition coils), replaced the crank sensor under the damn harmonic balancer, and still no fire. turns out it was the OTHER crank sensor that plugged into the lower side of the engine block (facing the firewall/subframe) I replaced that and it fired right up.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:21 AM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Best to sell that to someone out of state anyway, chances are it won't pass a tailpipe sniff in Cali.
That Town Car is worth much more on soggy side of the US, never seeing much rain - not loaded with rust, salt, leaves and dirt. That would be worth a tranny rebuild IMHO.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
That Town Car is worth much more on soggy side of the US, never seeing much rain - not loaded with rust, salt, leaves and dirt. That would be worth a tranny rebuild IMHO.
True, I was just taking a dig at California's ridiculous emissions laws. I'm sure Cali and Texas are loaded with well-preserved classics. Excessive rust and severe accident damage are the only deal-killers in my opinion, just about everything else can be fixed.