Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2017, 03:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ts18 verticle problem

Ok this ts18 I recapped and upon trying for the first time the hold pot was maxed to keep from rolling then after Alittle while the roll started and now has got so bad that the pic can hardly be seen, just massive lines and jumping. So I changed all Micas in the vert and horiz no change. So I already went over resistors in the beginning and changed 2 resistors and there are no more resistors out of tolerance still no change. Checked the vert size and hold pot resistance is good . I'm sure I'm missing something here if anyone has an idea what's going on with this please I'm all eyes. The crt is bright so the hv is ok and also subbed tubes in the vert and horiz nothing works. What I did do is I was able to get the roll to stop and almost a full screen by placing a .01 cap from ground to pin 4 of the 6sl7 at the 100k resistor which is good also. So I don't know maybe a ground leak to something in the vert but where. The horiz is perfect. The lines look like retrace lines without the mod. I'm lost here. Is it possible for a resistor to check good out of circuit but in the circuit change drastic value.

Last edited by timmy; 03-06-2017 at 03:48 PM.