Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2016, 06:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hello from SE Minnesota

I serviced radios phonographs tape recorders TV's and eventually VCR's CD players LaserDisc and CED video players starting in 1972 working in a repair shop during high school then during tech college then until 2000 when I got a job in IT servicing computers. I know tube and transistor circuit theory. It's amazing seeing these forums crop up in the information age and people actually wanting to repair what many consider junk. It's been fun diagnosing and helping others fix old computers and CRT monitors now found this forum where they actually want to fix the stuff I gave up years ago. I now wish that when our repair shop folded I would have hung onto the test equipment but I do have an excellent oscilloscope and Fluke multimeter. Now it seems schematics are becoming more available online w/o having to buy them. With a schematic and someone out there in the world willing to be my eyes, ears and hands I feel I could help fix many things. Fun stuff !!!

Larry G

PS - my avatar or WTH is a picture I took recently ringing a television flyback transformer. I remembered how !!!