Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2023, 12:08 AM
VideoKarma Member

In house AM Radio Interference during the day that disappears at night?

Greetings everyone, I like to listen to AM Radio to listen to various talkshows and also old time radio shows (Classic Radio Theater with Wyatt Cox.)

When I try to listen to some of the "local" 50kW radio stations out of places like Fort Wayne, Indiana (WOWO 1190 AM), Chicago (WLS 890 AM), Detroit (WJR 760 AM), or Cincinatti (WLW 700 AM) during the day I hear a horribly loud and annoying "Brrrrzzzz" noise/interference, that is so powerful that it basically knocks every strong "local" 50kW station off the air on all of my radios (it is most noticeable on the upper portion of the AM Band between 900 kHz and 1500 kHz and its very directional and seems to be originating from a specific spot in my basement that doesn't have anything electrical or electronic that could emit any sort of electronic interference.

The weird part about this interference is that its of a radiated type of interference because it also affects my battery operated radios, and another weird part about this intereference is that it only happens during the daylight hours, but during the night time hours the interference is completely gone, and it has only been happening for 2 weeks prior to two weeks ago I had no issues with this aforementioned interference issue.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this weird interference might be, and why it only happens during the daytime hours and not during the night time hours?

Last edited by vortalexfan; 04-18-2023 at 12:12 AM.