Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:59 PM
15GP22 demo @ ETF 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
This is the only pic I got. I had it making a great picture on a different source when it would occasionally sync. Then I tried to adjust L43 (RCA part 78891) the reactance coil to make the sync permanent. It was sticky but came loose...Unfortunately, it was not the slug that came loose but the coil form and with it the wires that connected it to the terminals. leaving me with the osc. way off sync but still working. Once I realized what happened I removed the coil and tried to free the slug. Sadly the cardboard form was too brittle, and also ~1/8" of the very long slug chipped off...I managed to grab a similar form and rewind the wire, but it will not oscillate with my repair...I'm kind of up a creek presently.

After brief success, I'm back to monochrome again.
Check L42 for continuity. An open L42 is often the cause of 'loose' chroma sync in a CTC2 chassis.

Pete
Old 05-13-2018, 10:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

FYI, RCA 78891=Meissner 17-6015. I did notice, while checking some Photofacts, that the 19CK1 uses the same part, and I suspect others do as well.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:43 PM
M is for Memory

L42 was changed sometime in the previous owners' restoration(s).

L43 mesiner 17-6015 (thanks Bgadow for the cross-reference!) turns out to also be used in the Dumont monitor carcass I got at the ETF...Can't say I feel good about taking parts off of it, but others have done that enough in it's history that I'll need a parts chassis to get it working anyway...In picture form I pulled this coil from this chassis to fix the CT-100.

Color synch held for 30 min and only wavered on a VERY saturated scene.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

So as an aside, what is your picture source? As digital, then ATSC came onto the scene, the definition (or common practice) of 'legal' colors and black levels has changed a bit. And if you're converting from HDMI, HDR will really tax things. If you're using 'old' recordings (VHS/Beta) or a proc amp in conjunction with your modulator, or if it has one incorporated within, it may not be an issue.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:36 PM
M is for Memory

I haf many sigi-nal sauces.

That is the main rack in my room. Bottom-up there is U-matic, LaserDisc, HDDVD, Bluray, DVD-recorder/VHS, DVR/DVD-recorder, 2 S-VHS-ET decks, CED/selectavision video disc player, SuperBetaHiFi, AV switchers, PC with S-video out, ATSC box, Blonder Tounge agile modulators configured to transmit, and hidden to the side a pair of mini cable boxes and a Roku. Before the ETF I tore apart and rebuilt/reconfigured all but the agile modulators on top to fix the flying spaghetti monster that it had devolved into through 3-5 years of not really properly reconfiguring it when needed but instead hacking on to the front accommodations for the switch to digital cable, the addition of HDMI for my HD-CRT Sony, and a bunch of other stuff.

Basement rack is a Blonder Tongue, VHS, Beta, CED, Cable box and a fairly literal bunch of video game consoles (also have LD and other crap waiting to be added to it when I get around to rearranging that cluster)...

Colorbar path consists of upstairs DVD transmitted, then tuned in by the VCR in the downstairs rack and retransmitted (the upstairs rack is hard to tune in the basement so this is the easiest workaround), then tuned in again by the VCR that feeds this video injection box https://antiqueradio.org/VideoAdapte...Television.htm

The TV program path was much simpler cable RF out from cable box (it only has RF for analog output) to the tuner on basement rack and onwards like the other path.

The CT-100 shall live in the basement close to my workbench until I am satisfied enough with its performance to make it a spot in one of my upstairs display rooms.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Audiokarma