Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 07:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Barn Find 19VP22

I'm a reseller, (and a new member) and I recently acquired a barn find 19VP22.
When I looked up the tube I thought this might have some value, so I thought I'd ask if anyone's interested.
I've never used a CRT tester, and I don't want to risk damaging the tube, but I'm OK with someone testing the tube onsite.
I see a few dark spots and the paint on the front is mostly flaked away, but I don't see any obvious cracks, etc.
I've had to resize the photos dramatically, so they're a little grainy.

If you have any questions let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1A.jpg (50.0 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg 2A.jpg (63.1 KB, 145 views)
Old 05-22-2018, 08:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'll bet one TV collector or other may be interested in it , and your chances of finding a local one would be greatly increased by posting where in the country you are . Both city and state would help , and yes anyone serious about the tube will check it with both a tube tester and maybe even a "tesla coil" (used to determine the presence of air , which of course if found indicates a bad tube) .

Nice find , you've brought it to the right place , now hopefully it's actually good and can find it's way back into a TV ...
Old 05-22-2018, 08:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Oops, I forgot, it's in Dyer, Indiana (nearby Chicago).
Old 05-22-2018, 09:19 PM
M is for Memory

IIRC Bob G (ohohyodafarted on VK) was looking for one. Might want to message him.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:13 AM
Resident Lunatic

I'm extremely interested in the tube and would be glad to test it for you. PM sent.

It looks like this tube was pulled from a CBS-Columbia 205, and I just acquired one with a 21 inch conversion. It would be a shame to see this jug wind up in a Motorola 19 incher...

Last edited by benman94; 05-23-2018 at 05:33 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 05-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Bob Galanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
I'm extremely interested in the tube and would be glad to test it for you. PM sent.

It looks like this tube was pulled from a CBS-Columbia 205, and I just acquired one with a 21 inch conversion. It would be a shame to see this jug wind up in a Motorola 19 incher...
I have a one of a kind Motorola 19" factory prototype in pristine condition. It is without a tube entirely. My set is far more rare then yours. I don't understand your attitude toward my Moto?? A year ago you purchased a very nice Moto from me and then you flipped it. If I had known you were going to just flip it, I would have kept it myself.

I would assume that you have a 19" mask At least your set has a tube Ben. IN fact you sold the good 19V you had a couple years ago and now you want this one too.

I need this tube far more than you do. Being just over the boarder in Wisconsin, I am very close to this seller and it would be easy for me to go test too.

If you change your mind let me know. I would love to have this 19V for my set that has a big empty space where the tube belongs.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 05-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohyodafarted View Post
I have a one of a kind Motorola 19" factory prototype in pristine condition. It is without a tube entirely. My set is far more rare then yours. I don't understand your attitude toward my Moto?? A year ago you purchased a very nice Moto from me and then you flipped it. If I had known you were going to just flip it, I would have kept it myself.

I would assume that you have a 19" mask At least your set has a tube Ben. IN fact you sold the good 19V you had a couple years ago and now you want this one too.

I need this tube far more than you do. Being just over the boarder in Wisconsin, I am very close to this seller and it would be easy for me to go test too.

If you change your mind let me know. I would love to have this 19V for my set that has a big empty space where the tube belongs.
Cool it Bob. I don't have anything against your Motorola. I'm just saying that it has all the correct mounting hardware for a CBS 205 and would drop right in. There are countless examples of the TS-902 chassis in the three different cabinets. There are fewer CBS sets. Regardless, neither set is more "deserving" of the 19VP22.

As for the 21CT2, which is entirely unrelated to this set, I flipped it to acquire a Westinghouse with what turned out to be a good 15GP22. I quite honestly can't see you turning down a similar trade. You had been paid, it was my property at that point. If I had wanted to drag it out on my lawn and light the damn thing on fire that would have been my prerogative, period. I fail to see what the 21CT2 has to do with this tube.

I sold the 19VP22 I had, again unrelated to this tube, because at that time I didn't have a set that needed one and I figured I would pass it on to a collector that needed one worse. As I recall, your paltry offer was less than half my final selling price.

I highly suggest you check your attitude Bob.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Administrator

David Sarnoff said, "competition brings out the best in products, and the worst in men". That said....ease up on the throttle guys......

Now that we've established that the tube definitely has value, and since the seller is admittedly a flipper (nothing wrong with that), if I was him I would let it go to whoever paid more.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:35 AM
Resident Lunatic

Put in on eBay and let all the interested parties hash it out that way. I've been looking for an excuse to go to Indiana...

Or, if the seller will wait until I'll be free around the 15th of June, I'll pay $800 cash, untested, as-is, where is.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Now, now, no need for attitude over a tube, lol,lol...
Audiokarma
Old 05-24-2018, 10:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhs View Post
I'm a reseller, (and a new member) and I recently acquired a barn find 19VP22.
When I looked up the tube I thought this might have some value, so I thought I'd ask if anyone's interested.
I've never used a CRT tester, and I don't want to risk damaging the tube, but I'm OK with someone testing the tube onsite.
I see a few dark spots and the paint on the front is mostly flaked away, but I don't see any obvious cracks, etc.
I've had to resize the photos dramatically, so they're a little grainy.

If you have any questions let me know.
Check you PM. I'm very close to you in Schereville.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:15 PM
Bob Galanter

I will be going there to test the tube on Sunday Morning. Will report after I get back.

This was removed from a Motorola set. Moto had an interesting mounting system. The crt sits on a truck bolted to a plywood base. The CRT truck is designed in such a fashion that the chassis sits on the plywood nested under the CRT truck. The chassis is not present. What you see is the plywood with the CRT truck holding the crt and associated components such as the yoke. This interesting arrangement allows you to remove the crt and chassis together by sliding the plywood platform out of the cabinet; or if you want you can just remove the chassis and leave the plywood base, crt truck and crt in the cabinet. and put the chassis on your lab bench without the crt.

To see what the chassis and CRT truck look like installed inside my Moto 19CK1 you will need to click on the link to this thread, because Vk will not let me attach the photo here because it is already posted in the old thread.
http://videokarma.org/attachment.php...4&d=1411187731

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 05-25-2018, 08:49 PM
Banned

If I was coolwhs I would let no one test it unless he had a offer to buy it working or not. Yes it would be worth more working but less not working. Just my opinion.

Last edited by tvís r us; 05-25-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:56 AM
VideoKarma Member

It's gassy.
If someone wants to make an offer on the tube knowing it's a dud let me know.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhs View Post
It's gassy.
If someone wants to make an offer on the tube knowing it's a dud let me know.
I'll give $400 for the gassy tube.

UPDATE: Tube is sold pending my getting it back to Detroit. Thanks!

Last edited by benman94; 05-27-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Audiokarma
Closed Thread