Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2020, 01:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Zenith 10S690 Volume Control Issues

Hello Everyone, last night and early this morning was spent recapping my Zenith 10S690 Radio and after I finished recapping it and struggling for about an hour trying to get the chassis back into the cabinet (I was having a hard time getting the chassis screw holes to line up with the cabinet holes for the screws to go into to secure the chassis to the cabinet).

I plugged in the radio and turned it on to test out my work and sure enough my volume control wasn't working right, instead of raising and lowering the volume like its supposed to it instead acts like a tone control, and my tone control switches don't work except for the one marked "Normal".

I was trying to be careful to observe where each capacitor went when I was removing the old ones and installing the new ones and only replacing one capacitor at a time.

I've looked over the schematic for this radio and I can't seem to figure out what could be causing this issue, the radio was working fine prior to the recap (just had an intermittent AVC circuit that was more than likely due to a leaky AVC Bypass Cap).

Any ideas as to what might be causing my problem?

The schematic for this radio is posted below.

Any help with this matter would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Zenith 10S690 Service Manual_Riders.pdf (190.4 KB, 19 views)