Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2017, 10:02 PM
M is for Memory

I hate the USPS sometimes...caping off a crappy day.

So I split a big capacitor order among two suppliers for cheapness. One is important for a computer rebuild and urgently awaited.

Twas supposed to come today. Tracking indicates it's been sitting 15 minutes away at the local postal center since 11:30AM yesterday....Okay so it should have gotten here here today (tracking projection). Weather sucks today and I shortened my lunch break by eating fast garbage so as to be able to leave early and completely beat the 5PM weather advisory, and have extra time to recap that motherboard.
I get home thinking the box I find may be the package I want...It is not (the other one made it), and I loose time confirming which it is.

I have maybe 27min to ascertain which division (there are ~3) of the postal complex here has it and if it is one of two that is still open, and drive there if it is able to be gotten. So I look up the number and call...A bunch of rings later I get dumped in to their automated 1-800 line (as I later realized).

The USPS automated phone system is the slowest most infuriating thing I can think of....It makes the state DMV feel like the Ritz.

It had to take 10 minutes to sift through all the damn menus trying (in vain) to speak with an actual human being, then trying to figure out what automated option had the biggest (snowball's) chance (in hell) of getting me the answers I seek before trying to rush on slippery roads...All the while the damn system would keep asking me about stupid shit I don't care about and asking me to confirm. After trying to check the tracking via the phone I completely had it with them....That damn system makes it impossible to enter the seemingly 30 digit long number...Via voice it can't understand me, if I try to enter it by phone dial it times out unless I move stupid fast...

I could not even complete the damn call to get to the feedback to leave the TERRIBLE feedback they deserve.

Trying to call literally ruined my chance to show up and claim it....I'd have been better off just showing up.

I'd love to smack the moron who decided to use an automated system to take what I could explain to a competent human in well under a minute (and probably get a solid answer in 2-10 min), and turn it into ~25 minutes of what gradually became me shouting and cussing at a computer and getting nowhere.

And of course the tracking mentions nothing as to why it has been SITTING 15 minutes away for a day and a half or when it is NOW projected to arrive since it missed the short buss.

I can understand a delay if noted/explained in tracking, I can understand the tracking sucking if there are humans available to fill in the void it leaves, but if the system as a whole is lousy and there is not even a way (as far as I can tell) to complain about it...That is just going too far.

I think the USPS just lost some of my future business.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4