Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Panasonic 46" Plasma

I have finally joined the 21st century. Put some Klipsch La Scalas into my living room forced moving the CTC-38 to the basement due to space constraints. A couple weeks of watching the old Admiral 19" black and white from 20 feet away convinced me I seriously need a better TV to watch! (plus my daughter, who loved the CTC-38 told me that our TV is about a 3 out of ten, for viewing experience)

Picked up a used 46" Panasonic plasma, 1080p, 120Hz, etc. for $220. What a nice TV!!! Great colour, very sharp, perfect geometry, etc.. even sounds decent. And it is HUGE! Need to get a wall mount sorted out for it, but now I can definitely see why there's piles of unwanted BPC televisions!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Panny 46" Plasma

Totally agree, and I think part of your positive experience is that your set is a plasma. I have a 50" LG plasma that I think is fantastic.

Your refresh rate may be higher than you think! I thought all plasma sets were inherently 600Hz. I hope I'm right....
Old 03-19-2015, 12:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yeah I researched the whole TV market and decided a plasma was the best choice for me.. I like how the picture quality is independent of viewing angle.. it's like having good dome tweeters instead of a 5" cone which beams high frequencies.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Administrator

I like the Plasmas so much I went and bought a second one last year when i heard Panasonic was discontinuing them.

Do you have a Bluray player yet? You need to see it at 1080P to really appreciate what it can do.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

I do have Blu Ray, and 1080p is amazing! I am looking into a wall mount kit, and will do the now cliche but practical mount it over the fireplace thing. The value for money is unreal, I would never have imagine $220 could buy such a fantastic picture! The guy was selling it because his wife insisted they "upgrade" to an LCD, and I could tell he didn't really want to see it go!
Audiokarma