Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2018, 12:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for the answer. I have been busy but am getting around to fixing my TV's. I am back to the '71 as I study more about the '65 HV cup swap out.

Anyway, this '71 is driving me nuts! I just replaced the fuse and a bunch of other stuff Sam's recommended when there is no raster, no sound.

Now nothing has ever been wrong with this set, then one day the volume and on/off knob fell off and ever since then all hell has broken loose! I had to glue it back in but I thought nothing of this at the time but ever since a couple of days after I did that, I get no picture or sound when turning on this set. But today, I got mad and flicked the on knob with my finger and it turned on. Then I tapped the other side (see pictures, I don't know terminology) and it turned on again.

Also, please see video. What the hell is that? If I rock it, it turns on and off while it is powered on? If I set the set upright it won't power on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrJn6KWhzq0

Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vc.jpg (64.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg gf.jpg (61.5 KB, 13 views)