Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

RCA 630TS Score

So my friend Damon was out and about in Illinois and came across this RCA 630ts, which I'd been looking for awhile! I've got and restored many tvs in my collection, but for some reason could never get my hands on one. This one is in great physical condition, but the safety glass and corner brass brackets are missing. Does anyone have any of these parts from a parts set?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1673.jpg (68.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 05-08-2017, 02:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Lucky! You got that for an easy penny - well worth it. I saw it listed but was too far from me. Congrats!
Old 05-08-2017, 02:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looks pretty good! You can use the wooden CRT face to trace out a template to have a new glass front cut out of safety glass at any glassmaker.

One of my favorite TVs, BTW
Old 05-08-2017, 02:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

That's a great idea, what about the little glass corners? Someone in the past used clear mirror holders to hold the glass in at the bottom.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

These l'il guys tend not to get as much respect as perhaps they should. Still think they are pretty AWESOME sets. A pretty, working example would have an honored place in my collection !
Old 05-08-2017, 09:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

Very nice 630TS. These sets are prettier in person than in photos. They have lots of nice details if you observe them closely and are of very high quality in and out. More importantly, it is the "Model T" of television sets and the first model that brought the medium into the average home in large numbers. A must-have set in any serious TV collection. Finding parts for them might be a problem as I have actually never come across a rough parts set. The glass likely can be cut and the simple little brass tabs could be machined fairly easily.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

Indeed, they are a beautiful set to look at, but, they have a lot of constant repair issues that keep popping up. The worst is problems in the AGC circuit. Since The AGC is run off the contrast control problems keep popping up. Admittedly, though, they are a classic.
Bill Cahill