Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-26-2023, 05:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

CRT Console TV Set

I have often wondered, if anyone on here would know if there is still a NOS Console TV Set setting around somewhere out there? I believe about 2004 was the last Year that type of Set was made. I am just curious to see what anybody has on this.

Also, it may seem pretty crazy in the year of 2023 but I am going to say that I still enjoy and use my Console Set each day.
Old 06-26-2023, 06:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here you go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20434739805...Bk9SR5j3tp-fYg
Old 06-27-2023, 09:04 AM
Retired Batwings Tech

I remember when the Zenith C-II Avanti was THE set to have. Yes I'm that ancient
Old 06-27-2023, 09:17 AM
M is for Memory

I've got an unopened early 50s Norelco DuoVue Projection end table addon for the early 7"-16" sets...
NOS stuff is out there.

I've heard some folks claim that because of the UHF mandate and the X-ray scare there's inventory of sets that didn't sell before certain things were mandated that weren't sold for fear of non-compliance related charges.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 06-27-2023, 01:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
LOL, wow. This would be interesting if it wasn't the "Digital" System 3. I only sold a dozen or so (required show order) and never restocked them. At the time, we were selling the RCA CTC140s and Sonys which just blew these out of the water. When someone called to come in to demo a DS3, I made sure everyone unplugged the 140s. Just a miserable design and performance. A friend of mine sold a crapload of them and has (or had?) tons of parts including the ITT integrated circuits and complete 700 boards.

John
Audiokarma
Old 06-27-2023, 01:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I've got an unopened early 50s Norelco DuoVue Projection end table addon for the early 7"-16" sets...
NOS stuff is out there.
Any pics???

John
Old 06-27-2023, 02:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCT View Post
LOL, wow. This would be interesting if it wasn't the "Digital" System 3. I only sold a dozen or so (required show order) and never restocked them. At the time, we were selling the RCA CTC140s and Sonys which just blew these out of the water. When someone called to come in to demo a DS3, I made sure everyone unplugged the 140s. Just a miserable design and performance. A friend of mine sold a crapload of them and has (or had?) tons of parts including the ITT integrated circuits and complete 700 boards.

John
A friend bought a 31" Digital System 3 in the late '80s-early '90s and I think he gave about $1600 for it. He bought it because it had Teletext and that feature helped him with a lot of the sports betting that he was doing. He didn't have it long before it required service and in the early 2000s, the jug started going weak, but he kept watching it until it failed to turn on one day. That time, I repaired it and rejuvenated the tube. It looked good for a little while, and then the tube fell off again, and there were also some vertical issues. At that point, it became a TV stand for a 27" BPC set and he eventually gave me the Zenith. I replaced some bad caps in the vertical circuit, hit the jug again, and donated it to the Salvation Army.

I agree that those RCA CTC140 and Sony sets would blow the high-priced Zenith out of the water. Those CTC140 and 169 TVs were good ones.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:56 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCT View Post
Any pics???

John
None on my phone (and I don't have time to dig it out and take some this month)...I've had the Norelco longer than my smartphone and I typically only photograph things when they come, get worked on, and go.
If you follow my YouTube channel there will be an unboxing video eventually... Probably next year at the rate I'm going.
The ETF auctioned it within the 3 years before the pandemic so you can probably dig up images of it there.

Old 06-28-2023, 09:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
None on my phone (and I don't have time to dig it out and take some this month)...I've had the Norelco longer than my smartphone and I typically only photograph things when they come, get worked on, and go.
If you follow my YouTube channel there will be an unboxing video eventually... Probably next year at the rate I'm going.
The ETF auctioned it within the 3 years before the pandemic so you can probably dig up images of it there.
What's your youtube channel? I'll sub right now.

John
Old 06-28-2023, 09:35 AM
M is for Memory

Here's a link to one of my videos.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYZDpPr_xc

Audiokarma
Old 06-28-2023, 11:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Here's a link to one of my videos.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYZDpPr_xc
Thanks, subbed.

John