Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
Look at the examples in the instructions. They show multiple TVs connected RF able to tune one of 4 channels, VCR, camera, DVD, sat receiver, and you can tune any TV to any channel.
Ok, yeah. I see it now. That actually would work for covering the UHF band, and I could add VHF transmitters later.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:35 PM
M is for Memory

You said you are a college dorm dweller. One thing to keep in mind is that you should limit your transmission power in a multi-resident structure to not traveling farther than it is needed....If it interferes with others use of the RF band there and the building manager or FCC is contacted, then you may come home to find the transmitter removed and or a fine placed on you.

Also both the transmitter and set will need to have antennas, and RF through the air may reflect off things in the room (including you) and mess up reception.

The only reason I have an RF TX set up is that my 50+ sets are in a variety of rooms (some of which don't have convenient cable access), and the logistics of running cabling to all of them or moving signal source to sets as needed is more expensive and more of a pain respectively.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-22-2015, 10:00 PM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
You said you are a college dorm dweller. One thing to keep in mind is that you should limit your transmission power in a multi-resident structure to not traveling farther than it is needed....
I'm thinking more for at home. I don't think my roommate would appreciate me dropping tv transmitter components all over the floor.