Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
Well, thanks to your help and some idea from the video, I figured remove screws to move drum out of way, two screws holding the motor/gear assembly and unplug the 3 wire plug and pull out revealing the same problem. I circled the broken gear and location where it attaches. Is there a name or part number for this gear I can use to search?
Sadly, I don't have the full service manual so I can't find the original Panasonic part number. Since this machine is 39 years old, I don't think the part is available as new anyway. You can try glueing it back togother or 3D print a new one. Worst case scenario is to find another one of these machines and steal some parts...
Old 12-07-2017, 10:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well, I knew gluing this thing was going to be a waste of time. I put it in 48 hours later and machine went into play but the right arm only went out half way. Stopping it returned that one but the left arm got stuck half way because of a smaller arm with a metal pin or rod was out in front of it. Now, fast forward actually rewinds the tape. Never seen anything like that. Since then, the dew light has come on and now I can't do anything. It's not wet either. Should I just bypass this sensor or is there a better fix? Also, is the broken gear the cause of all the other issues?
Old 01-01-2018, 10:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

Anyone?