Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:06 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
I don't have the capability to wire the Roku up with an Ethernet Cable.
Is there any reason why you cannot use WiFi to connect your Roku device to your router? I personally have no idea why this connection does not work for you. I don't know what Internet service you have, but that shouldn't matter as long as the connection speed is fast enough. I have Spectrum Internet, TV and phone service here, and it all works very well.

I don't know what part of Indiana you are in, though I am guessing it is the part of the state nearest to Chicago. If this is the case, you should be able to get Internet service from any one of the major carriers in this country.

I don't know what you mean when you say you "do not have the capability" to connect your Roku to your TV, using an Ethernet cable. This type of connection shouldn't be too difficult and is actually the best way to connect the device to your computer. There is a connector on the rear panel of the Roku player to which one end of the cable connects; the other end of the cable plugs into a similar socket on the TV itself. I could be wrong, as it has been quite a while since I used a wired Ethernet connection with my own Roku device (I connect the device to my TV using WiFi, which works very well). The only time I have ever used an Ethernet cable to connect my Roku to the TV was some time ago, and that just to test the Ethernet socket on my Roku device. My entire Roku system connects to my computer using WiFi and works very well. Never so much as five minutes worth of trouble with the installation.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Old 02-16-2022, 11:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
Is there any reason why you cannot use WiFi to connect your Roku device to your router? I personally have no idea why this connection does not work for you. I don't know what Internet service you have, but that shouldn't matter as long as the connection speed is fast enough. I have Spectrum Internet, TV and phone service here, and it all works very well.

I don't know what part of Indiana you are in, though I am guessing it is the part of the state nearest to Chicago. If this is the case, you should be able to get Internet service from any one of the major carriers in this country.

I don't know what you mean when you say you "do not have the capability" to connect your Roku to your TV, using an Ethernet cable. This type of connection shouldn't be too difficult and is actually the best way to connect the device to your computer. There is a connector on the rear panel of the Roku player to which one end of the cable connects; the other end of the cable plugs into a similar socket on the TV itself. I could be wrong, as it has been quite a while since I used a wired Ethernet connection with my own Roku device (I connect the device to my TV using WiFi, which works very well). The only time I have ever used an Ethernet cable to connect my Roku to the TV was some time ago, and that just to test the Ethernet socket on my Roku device. My entire Roku system connects to my computer using WiFi and works very well. Never so much as five minutes worth of trouble with the installation.
My parents have Comcast/Xfinity High Speed Internet, I have that as well at my place.

The Roku itself will not connect to the WiFi because it thinks there's no internet connection to it, it keeps throwing an error 14.xx error message which basically means that the Roku thinks that there is no internet connection even though there is.

As for the ethernet connection, the Roku they have doesn't have an ethernet port built into it.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well I brought my parents Roku over to my place and tried it out at my place and it worked fine at my place, so I don't know why it wouldn't work at their place anymore but it works fine at my place.