Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2004, 01:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

ETF Convention WOW!

I have just returned from Columbus, (Hilliard) Ohio where I attended, along with many others, the 2nd annual Early Televison Foundation convention. Touring the museum and viewing the dozens of vintage tv's that range from the earliest mechancial sets to pre and post war electronic b&w as well as very early color was eye poping. The exhibits displayed, are well lit, in spacious rooms with plenty of documentation and information on each set. If this was not enough, the presentations by various speakers and the demonstrations of newly restored and working CBS field sequential color sets was stunning. To actually view a color picture by this spinning color wheel system on not one but two of these sets was worth the trip alone.
My thanks to our gracious host Steve McVoy for an outstanding job. Check out his site for info on the convention highlight DVD of last years event: etf@columbus.rr.com. I know Steve is preparing a DVD of this years get together and he will post, I'm sure, that info when it's available.