Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:44 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

NOS? ViewSonic E771

It could be a TV if hooked to a tuner box with a VGA output so no need to split hairs and say I posted in the incorrect sub-forum, if I even did that.

This was bound for the scrap heap but was offered to me first. The cabinet is nicer than the photo makes it look.

Where's the dust? I doubt it was ever actually used. No doubt the CRT is strong.

Apparently the CRT was supplied by a Taiwanese company, not too shabby. I doubt the Chinese had the skills or resources to produce something like this.

Up and running without a hitch. Again the camera doesn't do it justice. The only caveat is that it has no stand so I put it on top of an empty Lenovo case (whose guts I still have for a future PC build). I had a flat screen monitor that suddenly died back in June and was using a back-up unit that had no stand and was propped against the wall. I also had another flat screen without a power supply, and last but not least I love the good ol' CRT so here we are.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:19 PM
The Resident Brony

I'm rockin' the later flat-screen version of that monitor. ViewSonic G220fb. Mine's black instead of beige, but looks otherwise identical. I'm very happy with it.

Also, in all my years, I've yet to see a weak computer monitor crt. And I've seen lots. I've seen monitors so old and abused, filled with dust and crumbling, but the crt worked. I've seen some with so much burn-in that they were completely unusable, but still bright.

Also, I like how the tube has warnings in English and French, but it says something else in German, and it was made in China.

"intrinsically safe cathode ray tube according to system 3 x-ray regulation"

Ich bin ein Berliner.

Last edited by MadMan; 10-15-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:17 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Man, the G220fb is a sweet looking monitor.

It's good to know something about the durability of computer CRTs. I guess the inline gun/dot mask combo was the perfect pairing. I used to have a ViewSonic A71f+ that I ran almost 24/7 causing pretty bad phosphor burn because I did not use a screen saver and eventually using up the caps. However, still bright as you said.

I don't know about the CRT itself having been made in China, the name is of a Taiwanese company which I believe was having CRTs built in Indonesia at the time (April 2000).

Lasst sie nach Berlin kommen.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

I think it's easier to make an indestructible CRT that's 15" than 27".
Old 10-17-2017, 06:13 PM
TV DXer...

Sorry, no title...

View-Sonic I had was black & sliver. I left the decal above the controls on. Text/Game/Video...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17.jpg (55.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 18.jpg (60.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 19.jpg (61.1 KB, 18 views)
Audiokarma
Old 10-17-2017, 08:17 PM
M is for Memory

The place I had my first internship with still had some of those monitors in use ~3years ago.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-17-2017, 11:57 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
View-Sonic I had was black & sliver. I left the decal above the controls on. Text/Game/Video...
Looks as if it might be the 19-inch version of the one I ran into the ground. I don't recall a decal but it did have an "UltraBrite" button.