Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:43 PM
<-- "Byron"

How about this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zenith-19-Po...MAAOSwzgRWylK1
Old 04-12-2016, 08:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Marinello View Post
Nice. Is it one of yours?
Old 04-13-2016, 07:12 AM
<-- "Byron"

Was
Old 04-13-2016, 10:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

After some very frustrating weeks and some investigation of voltage readings, I was definitely looking at the horizontal section before the flyback as my issue. Tracked it down to a bad horizontal osc coil (horizontal hold control). Replaced it last night with a NOS one that Moyer Electronics in PA tracked down for me. When I fired it up and heard the whine of the osc for the first time I knew I was in business. That familiar sound had been absent.

A few images of where I am. Also a link to a youtube video. If you look close at the video, the picture has a waviness/jumpiness to it in the scanning lines. Especially around white lettering. Anyone know what might be causing that? Can see it in the still photos as well, in the top 1/4 of the pictures. Seems to vary in intensity. Sometimes barely noticeable and sometimes it is over the entire picture.

I still have to clean all controls and clean all tube sockets. But I seem to be in business. HV at the metal bell of the 19AP4 is 12 kV, as it should be, with horiz drive below the mid point on the control range. Had it on for about two hours last night after getting a raster and picture. No issues so far other than the horizontal waviness/jumpiness in the scan lines.

http://youtu.be/KKuQ-9vsiW0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1112.jpg (71.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1113.jpg (64.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1114.jpg (65.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-13-2016, 10:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudioal View Post
After some very frustrating weeks and some investigation of voltage readings, I was definitely looking at the horizontal section before the flyback as my issue. Tracked it down to a bad horizontal osc coil (horizontal hold control). Replaced it last night with a NOS one that Moyer Electronics in PA tracked down for me. When I fired it up and heard the whine of the osc for the first time I knew I was in business. That familiar sound had been absent.

A few images of where I am. Also a link to a youtube video. If you look close at the video, the picture has a waviness/jumpiness to it in the scanning lines. Especially around white lettering. Anyone know what might be causing that? Can see it in the still photos as well, in the top 1/4 of the pictures. Seems to vary in intensity. Sometimes barely noticeable and sometimes it is over the entire picture.

I still have to clean all controls and clean all tube sockets. But I seem to be in business. HV at the metal bell of the 19AP4 is 12 kV, as it should be, with horiz drive below the mid point on the control range. Had it on for about two hours last night after getting a raster and picture. No issues so far other than the horizontal waviness/jumpiness in the scan lines.

http://youtu.be/KKuQ-9vsiW0
To clarify the waviness/jumpiness in the horizontal scan lines, it is almost like some lines are shifting or wiggling left and right, while others are not. So picture seems jittery horizontally. Not entire picture, parts of the picture.