Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2021, 10:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

1965 Aiwa AR-145 12 Transistor Radio Issues

Hello everyone, this past Saturday I picked up from a local antique mall a 1965 Aiwa Model AR-145 12 Transistor AM/FM Radio that can run off of either 4 "C" batteries or AC Current.

Anyways this radio has very weak audio output (the volume has to be turned up almost full blast to be able to hear anything) and the tuner sensitivity/selectivity while its really good is really distorted even when the station is tuned in dead center, I figure its probably bad caps, but the problem is that the caps are hard to get to and unsolder from the circuit board, as I had already replaced the main filter cap which was a 500 MFD 6WVDC electrolytic and I had a heck of a time getting that cap unsoldered from the circuit board because they put too much solder on that cap and melted the (+) lead onto the board.

Anyways I would love to know a little more about this radio including if there's any service information for it out there and what kind of quality this radio would of been compared to say a similar model Zenith or Sony or RCA radio from the time period.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN_20210503_23_18_08_Pro.jpg (54.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg WIN_20210503_23_19_15_Pro.jpg (41.3 KB, 43 views)