Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-01-2023, 03:32 PM
real TVs have a CRT

Old Zenith console radio with AM/FM 45/FM100

I got this radio from an estate sale. I like the radio but don't have the time restore it nor a place to put store it. I believe this to be very early AM/FM model. The reason I'm making a thread about it as I don't no a good place put it and I don't now of place other then craigslist to sell it as I don't do Facebook but my mom does. I can sale it one of those sites but I would prefer to sale it to someone that will try to restore it as this radio seems to be a pretty rare. So I am asking dose anybody now a good places were can list this old antique radio. I'm not going to list it here as this place is just for old TVs and video related equipment not for radios. Since this site had a place to talk about old radios I thought I would ask. Here some pictures of the radio as I think it's pretty cool find. The radio is in ok cosmetic condition it would need some work doto being stored in damp place there is some rust on it. Also I could not find the model number do to the back being missing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20230401_160346_430_1 800by 600.jpg (123.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230401_160350_841_1 800by 600.jpg (117.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230401_160424_199_1 800by 600.jpg (114.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230401_160439_774_1 800by 600.jpg (123.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-01-2023, 04:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liammc00 View Post
I got this radio from an estate sale. I like the radio but don't have the time restore it nor a place to put store it. I believe this to be very early AM/FM model. The reason I'm making a thread about it as I don't no a good place put it and I don't now of place other then craigslist to sell it as I don't do Facebook but my mom does. I can sale it one of those sites but I would prefer to sale it to someone that will try to restore it as this radio seems to be a pretty rare. So I am asking dose anybody now a good places were can list this old antique radio. I'm not going to list it here as this place is just for old TVs and video related equipment not for radios. Since this site had a place to talk about old radios I thought I would ask. Here some pictures of the radio as I think it's pretty cool find. The radio is in ok cosmetic condition it would need some work doto being stored in damp place there is some rust on it. Also I could not find the model number do to the back being missing.
Try listing it over at the antique radio forum (ARF)

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/index.php

but I wouldn't get your hopes up as to it being either "rare" or especially "valuable", , , if ya get $50 to $75 for it, consider yourself lucky
Old 04-04-2023, 07:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

Looks to be a cross over from the old to new FM bands. It
would be fairly rare & expensive in its time.. The old 45Mhz band went away about the end of the war. It became the low public service band. I had skip
to often for decent music. You could still use the old band to listen to the PD, FD etc.

73 Zeno
LFOD !