Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2011, 09:45 AM
VK Member

Heloo , New from Illinois

Hello everyone . My name is Mac and im from Shelbyville IL .
I have always loved everything old . I bought an old tv , im guessing about a 1957 RCA Victor portable model. I had sent a gentleman i found on youtube a message about repairing it and he kindly directed me to this site.

Im not much of an electronics guy and didnt want to mess with all the caps so i simply bought some new tubes and replaced them since it looked simple enough but i still have the same problems.

Anyways like i said , im not real good with electronics. I did manage to fix about a 1952 zenith console stereo and turn table but it just required a good cleaning and wheels in the turntable " wow those things must be made of gold " ha ha ha . Now when it comes to old cars i have no problem , im currently building 2 55 chevys and have been through enough to make a dealership jealous but these old sets have me a little hesitant about diving in and completely ruining it .

SO thanks for the sight and looking forward to makeing some friends and maybe finding someone who would enjoy tinkering on an old Rca for me.

Dont have a pic of the tv yet , but here are my old hobby projects