Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-02-2023, 09:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

OK..
Awful news
It's already gone.
I was chatting with the owner last night, and it seems he did not know it was already sold.

"I have it in a little thrift store at that address and I reached out her this morning and she sold it last night.. Sorry."

SUCKS

Wasted $22 on a SAMS :/

good news (i hope) found another set in the same area.

Que the dramatic music... it's a magnet box!
http://suzaku.live-evil.org/32921401...13604721_n.jpg

http://suzaku.live-evil.org/33211949...44008980_n.jpg

I see cataract!
RCA style bonded safety glass it looks like.

I don't know much about it yet, hopefully THIS one won't be sold out from under me
Old 05-03-2023, 12:27 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamaya42 View Post
OK..
Awful news
It's already gone.
I was chatting with the owner last night, and it seems he did not know it was already sold.

"I have it in a little thrift store at that address and I reached out her this morning and she sold it last night.. Sorry."

SUCKS

Wasted $22 on a SAMS :/

good news (i hope) found another set in the same area.

Que the dramatic music... it's a magnet box!

I see cataract!
RCA style bonded safety glass it looks like.

I don't know much about it yet, hopefully THIS one won't be sold out from under me
Yikes. I had something similar happen last year. I found a nice Motorola 23EGP22 set on Facebook marketplace (I really want and have been searching several years a first gen rectangular set both for history and to know how bad they really are) and they tell me too late we turned it over to an estate sale company. I contacted the company and worked out a deal and those utter morons sold it much cheaper to fellow collector Paul Abernathy because they "thought he was me". Took me a while to get over the frustration of a let down like that at the end of over a month of chasing it.

I have never seen a stand alone TV console from Magnavox that new in that form factor that wasn't a combo. That thing has to be a rare cabinet.

BTW I have a almost complete Sam's library (up to ~1979) if you want a some phone pics or maybe a small format scan of something to see if it's interesting you can message me before buying it from scam's technical publishing...

Also, I have much of the tuner subchassis from a similar set. (When I found it , it had an 80s LED channel readout Zenith System 3 where the CRT and main chassis used to be so I took the only tube stuff left)

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4