Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

What a Dumazz !

Me, as per usual. Got a nice old Zenith console-shutterdial, eye tube, the whole 9 yards. Took it to Terry, had him re-do it, works WONDERFULLY, of course. Had the cabinet re-done by the local furniture guy, it'll knock yr eyes out. Finally got a "Round Tuit" for puttin' it all back together again, & have misplaced the speaker mounting board...Dammittall ! I KNOW its here SOMEWHERE, just I can't remember what I done w/it...Grrrrr...
Old 02-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Motorola Minion

Sandy,
How about a picture with the sprecher board missing?
Kind of like Marilyn Monroe missing a shoe, who cares.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Maybe you tucked it away so good for safe keeping. Or, you would know what you threw on the bonfire especially if the grillcloth was still attached!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I THINK I stuck it out in the garage apt...In the meanwhile my wife's brother moved in, & moved everything around...It could be in the garage, or downstairs in the basement. Tomorrow when I feel like tacklin' it, I'll look a little more thorough...
Old 02-12-2012, 07:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hey Sandy do not feel so bad everybody I know that is in teevee always misplaces parts sometimes I have misplaced a whole tv before, it will turn up somewhere eventually good luck.. Timothy
Audiokarma
Old 02-13-2012, 03:35 PM
M is for Memory

My 64 Sony 3-4" screen portable got packed for a move from Illinois to Florida about 8 years ago when I was 12. I let my folks find a good safe place for it (bad move) and they forgot which box it was in (never labeled it either). Well I've been wanting to find it since a year after the move south, and it was not until last year (preparing for the final move to the Milwaukee area) that it finally turned up!

Case in point people loose things (sometimes for WAAAAAY too long ), were only human.

Now if I could only track down that toy low power AM transmitter that has been missing since packed in Illinois then I could Finally stop worrying over things from last move and move on to stuff from this move. LOL!

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 02-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Motorola Minion

I had given my record compartment tilt-outs (tucks 78's in the sides of my Philco 501X, 1934) to my dad for gluing and refinishing 15 yrs ago, when they moved I figured they'd still be in the workshop where I left 'em under a pile of sawdust.

Nope, not there then he remembered-he burnt them and all the other scraps for kindling~!(GRRRR)

Now I do all the work on these treasures, nothing leaves!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:42 AM
<----Zenith C845

This isn't about losing a radio or its parts, but it is about misplacing things, so I guess it's kinda-sorta on topic.

Speaking of misplacing things and not finding them for months or a year or more(!), I had an experience like that a couple months ago. I had been looking high and low in my apartment for over a year for my letter opener, but couldn't kind it anywhere. Looked in drawers, under furniture, cabinets ... couldn't find the darn thing for love nor money. Then, about a month ago, I found it -- it was in the small space between my stereo system and my desk! It is now in my desk drawer, where it belongs and where it will stay, from now on, when I'm not using it.

For Sandy: I'm sure you'll find that speaker somewhere. I don't know how large or small your garage apartment is, but it might be hidden away under something or in a corner, etc. Your wife's brother may find it by chance one of these days and surprise you.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 03-01-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Yep, worse comes to worse, it was just a flat sheet of plywood w/a hole in the middle of it, covered w/some cheesy 1930s fabric...I'll go to the trouble of makin' a new one & will, of corse, THEN find the old one...
Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Motorola Minion

I now staple steel window screen over the entire board behind the cloth.

Got some torn cloth hole-y speakers I need to fix due to incursions by critters.
using your 30's radios in the house ruts 'em at risk.
Audiokarma