Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
Are all of these switches momentary contact? The mechanics of this one aren't clear to me. There must be a little spring or rubber somewhere to push it back out, but all of mine are completely loose. (To make that two-frame animation, I pulled it out and then pushed it in, where it remained.)
Phil, maybe this will help.

I was sent these from someone a long time ago for my KV-4000 series sets, but I never got around to installing them. I was told that these fit correctly, but have not personally verified that. They appear to have a piece of spring metal in them to pop them back out. Travel distance on the switch action is very minimal.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3150d.JPG (84.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3154d.JPG (39.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 02-05-2015, 01:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Has anyone tried poking around the stock at Digikey (or another supplier that provides spec sheets)? I found an SMT pushbutton to repair a Sennheiser wireless microphone there by matching up the dimensions I measured to the product spec sheets. Worked perfectly.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
I was sent these from someone a long time ago for my KV-4000 series sets, but I never got around to installing them. I was told that these fit correctly, but have not personally verified that. They appear to have a piece of spring metal in them to pop them back out. Travel distance on the switch action is very minimal.
Yes, those look like the right size (7 mm). I am tempted to try them out. Send me a PM if you're willing to part with them.

This all comes about because I use a Blonder-Tongue agile modulator to transmit TV indoors and I recently switched from using channel 3 or 4 to a higher VHF channel (12). Our house has some nasty RF interference sources and the higher VHF channels are less susceptible to such RFI.

Phil Nelson
Old 02-15-2015, 10:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

So, I got the board loose.

And the switches arrived (thanks, Jim!).

The physical size looks close enough.

But it looks like the old switches have two terminals, while the replacements have four.

Not sure how to make these work. Am I missing something?

Phil Nelson