Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

I’ll put this out-come for a visit and I’ll show you the difference.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

I've got a 17" predicta tube (17DAP4 2.68 volt). I checked it with my B&K 466 tester. It pegs the meter on step #6. Just after step #5 where you set the G1 voltage to 45 volts. This is where you gradually increase the pointer by two small divisons, it started to increase 1 divison then pegged the meter. Then when I proceed to step #7 Read Emissions (tests strong) it is like an extra light bulb going off inside the neck of the tube (besides the heater glow). Is this the famous heater to cathode short, for a predicta tube ? What are the chances that a Beltron will repair this tube ? or is it toast. Thanks guys..
Tony
Old 04-11-2019, 05:30 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony F View Post
I've got a 17" predicta tube (17DAP4 2.68 volt). I checked it with my B&K 466 tester. It pegs the meter on step #6. Just after step #5 where you set the G1 voltage to 45 volts. This is where you gradually increase the pointer by two small divisons, it started to increase 1 divison then pegged the meter. Then when I proceed to step #7 Read Emissions (tests strong) it is like an extra light bulb going off inside the neck of the tube (besides the heater glow). Is this the famous heater to cathode short, for a predicta tube ? What are the chances that a Beltron will repair this tube ? or is it toast. Thanks guys..
Tony
As a fellow B&K466 user I can tell you...Your tube is shot. When you adjust the cutoff and it wants to be 'all or nothing' instead of allowing 2 division adjustment and the neck and or gun elements glow(presumably purple) it means the tube has too much gas contaminating its vacuum to function...It probably has a VERY VERY slow leak somewhere.
Last 2 CRTs that tested that way on my 466 when connected to a working chassis arced internally between the HV connector/internal dag and the electron gun (much to the distress of the flyback), did not produce screen light and the entire neck lit up purple.

Sorry for the bad news. If your 466 still has its manual I believe it explains the connection between cutoff behavior and gas.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 04-12-2019, 11:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks guys, I was afraid of that. Just needed some confirmation.
Tony
Old 08-01-2021, 06:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Paperwork

Does anyone have the paperwork for this tester? I got the tester but no paperwork.

Stlouisian
Audiokarma
Old 08-01-2021, 08:41 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlouisian View Post
Does anyone have the paperwork for this tester? I got the tester but no paperwork.

Stlouisian
Have you searched the BAMA (Boat Anchor Manual Archive) for the manual? They have the manuals for most test equipment of that vintage.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 08-03-2021, 11:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Precise 111

BAMA does not have it,