Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Motorola Minion

RCA CTC15 flyback replacement

I have a chassis on my bench to repair for the owner of a very deserving RCA Victor TV-Stereo combination. This one has the all-tube high fidelity stereo amp, tuner and studiomatic record changer. It also has a cooked flyback, which I am to replace and set up.

He obtained an RCA replacement flyback #113382 (not a Thordarson FLY277), which is listed as the part number in Sams 673. The funny thing is, when I unsealed the new-in-box flyback, it had one less winding tap terminal than the original does.

There is no "D" terminal for the damper tube cathode connection. From looking at Thordarson diagrams posted in a thread here, the FLY 277 does have this terminal. D appears to be an added winding beyond the C1 terminal to the H centering control.

It was wrapped in a page of the New York Times from 1975, probably from the parts division in Harrison NJ. The fly itself was made in Mexico, yet had the RCA number stamped on it. It also had a tube socket for a 2AV2 focus rect tube, oriented vertically, that fits in the HV cage.

I'm thinking RCA decided the tube was better than the selenium stick that was only used on the '15. See original schematic attached. Yellow is what changed. RCA ctc15_113382 fly.jpg

Have any of you encountered this before?

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 05-01-2018 at 02:22 PM.