Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-24-2024, 11:06 PM
M is for Memory

Most restaurants if they don't want the juke for a static display either will expect you to maintain it for them, or will expect it to never break and be mad once it does...Some boxes can go for years without service, others need serviced regularly. I don't know what category yours fits in, but it could turn into a pain if the restaurant wants to use it.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 05-03-2024, 04:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

UPDATE: I have the Jukebox mechanism ready to go back into the cabinet, the only thing that is left that needs to be replaced is the tone arm spring which when I got this unit the tone arm spring was already gone on it (this is the spring that adjusts the tone arm weight for the cartridge and needle, and unfortunately no one has that part in stock as far as jukebox parts places goes and its not showing up on ePay either, and without the proper dimensions for the spring I can't get a custom spring made for it based on the original spring's specs.

Does anyone know where I might be able to source a tone arm spring for my jukebox? This is the only part that's left that's keeping me from putting this jukebox back together and testing it out.

Also I would like to try and get the coin mechanism working again and get a lock reinstalled back onto the top cover lid, because there used to be a lock to lockdown the jukebox top to keep people from stealing records from the jukebox.

Also the coinbox door is missing as well but I'm not sure how to get the coin mechanism to be functional again as it seems to have a plug that is disconnected currently that is allowing the jukebox to function as a free-play jukebox, but the weird thing is that the plug coming from the coin mechanism doesn't appear to have anywhere for it to plug into in the credit/check-off counter module, because according to the service manual that's where the coin mechanism is supposed to plug in at but there's no plugin on that module that matches the plug on the coin mech.

Any ideas about the coin mechanism?
Old 05-03-2024, 08:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
UPDATE: I have the Jukebox mechanism ready to go back into the cabinet, the only thing that is left that needs to be replaced is the tone arm spring which when I got this unit the tone arm spring was already gone on it (this is the spring that adjusts the tone arm weight for the cartridge and needle, and unfortunately no one has that part in stock as far as jukebox parts places goes and its not showing up on ePay either, and without the proper dimensions for the spring I can't get a custom spring made for it based on the original spring's specs.

Does anyone know where I might be able to source a tone arm spring for my jukebox? This is the only part that's left that's keeping me from putting this jukebox back together and testing it out.

Also I would like to try and get the coin mechanism working again and get a lock reinstalled back onto the top cover lid, because there used to be a lock to lockdown the jukebox top to keep people from stealing records from the jukebox.

Also the coinbox door is missing as well but I'm not sure how to get the coin mechanism to be functional again as it seems to have a plug that is disconnected currently that is allowing the jukebox to function as a free-play jukebox, but the weird thing is that the plug coming from the coin mechanism doesn't appear to have anywhere for it to plug into in the credit/check-off counter module, because according to the service manual that's where the coin mechanism is supposed to plug in at but there's no plugin on that module that matches the plug on the coin mech.

Any ideas about the coin mechanism?

You have a lot of questions, and I wonder if a jukebox specific group might have more eyes who might have your answers. Not to push anyone from this site, but there is are several very good FB jukebox groups you might want to join.

John
Old 05-03-2024, 01:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Could this be the spring you are looking for?

https://www.jukebox-revival.eu/en/pr...ne-arm-55188-p

jr