Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looking for RCA TV Part and Zenith CRT TV Issue

Looking for the Preprogramed RCA Eeprom 228287 IC (U3201). This is for my RCA Console Set with the Chassis CTC177AM2. The Eeprom was removed from this board to get a 27 Inch RCA Console Set to work again. This set is complete otherwise.

Also, have 1990 Zenith Sentry2 Console TV that was my Grandmother's. She used the TV for about 12Years before she passed. It set in her home for several years mainly not used. I brought it to my place about 3 years ago. It has just recently started to do the following. When it has set and not been used for awhile the set comes on with a picture with no color, but then wait just a bit and the color comes. It just mostly recently has started to flash a red screen on the video sometimes with retrace lines and sometimes without. Also, when turning it on the picture flickers from dim to brightness set to dim to brightness set and then is okay until the red screen issue. It may do that just a few times and then it may be okay the rest of the time it is in use. I was told that this mostly likely is the sign of the CRT being weak? Would be interested in others thoughts. The colors in the picture still look pretty good to me. The Grey scale in background is rather greenish looking. It used to be really bluish in the grey scale and the B& W shows would have a blue tint in them.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:59 PM
real TVs have a CRT

Since you say the Zenith misbehaves when it has not been used in awhile. Well I hate to say this but this sounds like bad electrolytic capacitors to me. I would use an ESR tester and check the caps for bad ESR. I also would check for cold joints. The only way to know for sure if the tube is getting weak is to test it on a CRT tester. As I have condemned TV's before that I thought had bad CRT. Well I'm afraid that's all the advice I have and hop you find EEPROM. Know I'm going to get to watching a show on my 80s Sony TV which still beats all of my other CRT TVs.

Last edited by liammc00; 03-15-2024 at 11:12 PM.