Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

I know it was only a BPC, but I could never do that to a working TV. There had to be a use for it somewhere.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:19 PM
1949 Motorola 9VT1

It is sad to see so many of these destruction videos. We can’t build TVs anymore so all we can do is get a thrill from destroying them? This is why I like restoration so much. I can take something that is otherwise trash and make it useful and even disireable again.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:32 PM
M is for Memory

The 90's stuff while on the decrease is still common and going to the dump with little demand...Not something I mourn the loss of...Then again I know some rather snobbish collectors that collect the rarest of the rare and have let generic 50's sets go to the dump...Perhaps in a decade, people will start coveting stuff I've walked past and ignored while it was/is on its way to certain doom today.

We don't have infinite space so we save what we want/can. If I like something I don't want to keep, then I need to know I can move it before I bother to save it...Otherwise, I'm just trying my hands.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 02-16-2018, 11:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

ya'll know while i respect your views on the fringe meme of people doin' stupid stuff with vintage tvs, I think the original post was not about a person wanting to troll anyone to divulging themselves of rare collectibles for base tv snuff videos. How shall i put this..... don't over think the post...... even in a worst case scenario if one would fail to prevent from being taken in to a scam to destroy a tv set for youtube profit, that only makes the survivor sets more valuable in the long run. Can anyone imagine the remorse of seeing a vintage tv set being sold at a auction house for ludicrous amounts of money, while remembering how many of them they destroyed for a few thousand youtube views? Back in the 80's Yugos were seen as a crap car, a few years into the future they will be a $10k car because they survived. Food for thought, Mike
Old 02-17-2018, 09:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjukebox160 View Post
I know it was only a BPC, but I could never do that to a working TV. There had to be a use for it somewhere.
I feel the same way but I have at least 15 really great working BPC and SPC sets of all sizes and I feel the same way, But!!!!
Audiokarma
Old 02-17-2018, 07:38 PM
I love old stuff

'90's set are common ... but one day they will be rare.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:18 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianburke View Post
I don't understand the "FIRE" part.
I agree with others here; the "fire" comment is just a flippant remark, with the hope the sets will NOT catch on fire. The "Courier" sign in the picture is a 1970s CB radio brand/logo, so this person is definitely into older electronics.

Nice Sony KV-1920 or KV-1920D set in the bottom of the pile.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 02-19-2018, 09:50 AM
Larry Melton (oldtvman)

I've only sold one set

I've only sold one set and that was to a museum in California, these guys are too hard to come by now, and if you collect them you have to have back up supply of parts.