Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2006, 02:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

"ME" bike light-radio

Here's another neat radio--a bike light!

No idea when it was made (I figure late 60s?), but it's a bike light, "siren", horn, and AM radio. My grandpa found it on an abandoned bike in one of his rental homes.

The bike was junk but this little guy worked great. I snapped it onto the handlebar of my bike, and used it for entertainment/light, and even for the horn if a person was on the sidewalk. If it rained, I kept a ziplock bag and I'd put it over it with a rubber band to keep it dry. If I had to lock the bike outside (which I avoided) I'd unsnap this light and take it with me.

Fired it up for the first time in a couple years, amazingly the batteries I left in it (oops) still had good juice. The radio still works--somewhat, the volume control is iffy and it falls in and out of place, causing sound to cut in and out. I stopped using it because I got a driver's license and stopped riding my bike, and because the light developed a short through the speaker and cuts in and out after the bulb warms up. I don't remember which happened first. I might try to put it to some type of use this hurricane season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p5250021.jpg (66.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg p5250023.jpg (68.1 KB, 27 views)