Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

hallmark mystory movie channel

ok so I found this the other day on the cable, great Columbo every morning.

But geez they load the heck out of it with commercials I mean like every 5 min you get 3 min of commercials. If that was not enough the cut scenes (I have a pretty good memory for old shows).

Maybe its all the ADD that seems to be the rage these days has infected the peeps running the programming, maybe its the only way to make money on TV these days, but I can see cable going down in a few years, Broadcast is doomed and now it looks like cable as well. too bad.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:18 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Yup almost nothing good on "TV" anymore......Just crap meant to de-sensitise people even more!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2015, 08:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

I gave up extended basic cable years age because of crap they have on it.
I get my favorite shows from Youtube and other sites for free.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

The thing I DESPISE about Hallmark isn't so much their too-many commercials, but their INCREDIBLY saccharine-sweet treacle they broadcast 24/7. The people are ALWAYS Central Marketting 1000% Red-Blooded American types, not TOO pretty, too Ugly, too old, or too young. Even the gotdam DIRT ain't "Dirty"... And its ALWAYS about a "Nice" girl, who's in love w/a Sap, but who eventually Sees The Light, & manages to Hook up w/the NOBLE Guy B4 the last Commercial. There are the USUAL types, a Cute Friend, a NOBLE Older Guy, an EQUALLY NOBLE Older lady, a grouchy but LOVABLE Crusty Old Pharte-I could play THAT one EASILY & a gaggle of ADORABLE Chilluns. They MAY belong to the Heroine, their Daddy was ALWAYS killed in the War, but the LOVABLE Guy thinks of them as his own. And they ALL dress like they were going to "Sunday-Go-To-Meetin' " ALL the time. Because these things ALWAYS turn out GREAT, the Cute Friend hooks up w/the Sap, but he foreswears his "Sappy" ways. Did I peg this pretty good or what ?!? I bet their writers-Who are often Jewish- couldn't do much better, since 99.9% of these things are Christmas centered/oriented. At least I'm Presbyterian..
Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
The thing I DESPISE about Hallmark isn't so much their too-many commercials, but their INCREDIBLY saccharine-sweet treacle they broadcast 24/7. The people are ALWAYS Central Marketting 1000% Red-Blooded American types, not TOO pretty, too Ugly, too old, or too young. Even the gotdam DIRT ain't "Dirty"... And its ALWAYS about a "Nice" girl, who's in love w/a Sap, but who eventually Sees The Light, & manages to Hook up w/the NOBLE Guy B4 the last Commercial. There are the USUAL types, a Cute Friend, a NOBLE Older Guy, an EQUALLY NOBLE Older lady, a grouchy but LOVABLE Crusty Old Pharte-I could play THAT one EASILY & a gaggle of ADORABLE Chilluns. They MAY belong to the Heroine, their Daddy was ALWAYS killed in the War, but the LOVABLE Guy thinks of them as his own. And they ALL dress like they were going to "Sunday-Go-To-Meetin' " ALL the time. Because these things ALWAYS turn out GREAT, the Cute Friend hooks up w/the Sap, but he foreswears his "Sappy" ways. Did I peg this pretty good or what ?!? I bet their writers-Who are often Jewish- couldn't do much better, since 99.9% of these things are Christmas centered/oriented. At least I'm Presbyterian..
You left out one verb - Suspect. Someone always suspects their hubby/wife/neighbor/daughter/son/priest/cute friend is up to sumpin'....

Other than that, you are 100% on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
At least I'm Presbyterian..
Of course, I cant verify that, unless you can tell me the finer points of the Book of Order

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Audiokarma
Old 08-25-2015, 10:09 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

At least ONE time they could get Roseanne, & she could grumble a bit about the "Channukah Bush"...And maybe cut a BIG, GREASY fart, right after the rest of 'em sing the last carol.. Give SOMETHING to us Snarky guys who HAVE to watch this Gawd-Awful Shyte..At the "OR ELSE !" from our wives..
Old 08-26-2015, 12:24 PM
M is for Memory

That is the kinda show for women who have lived their lives and are sick of reality and the world they live in, and forcibly unplug themselves from EVERYTHNG in the world and on TV that does not meet some loopy fantasy world they want to live in or somehow is an annoyance to them... I'm glad I don't watch TV with some people I know who are shades of that demographic.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4