Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-18-2006, 05:18 PM
The Goodbye Look

Must Be Table Radio Week

Earlier this week I was lucky enough to find a Fisher 100 microreceiver table radio at a thrift in wonderful shape for $40.Ok,that,along with my Tivoli should take care of me,right?Well,Im at a huge antique mall last night,looking for something for my wife,since audio is usually non-existant,and I see this little wooden radio,wait,is that a KLH?Turns out to be a KLH 21,wood in very good shape,knobs all there,not many scratches,the grille cloth grungy looking but not ripped or torn.I was using it all morning,and I like the sound-not as much bass,and not as powerful as the Fisher,but I love the tuning of it much better than those little knobs on the Fisher.I was afraid to look at the price.Turned out to be $25.I think thats the first actual bargain Ive gotten at an antigue mall.Now I have to try to decide which one to give to my dad,since he loves table radios as much as I do,but doesnt have one right now....Its a toughie....
Jimmy

Last edited by 2DualsNotEnough; 05-09-2009 at 02:51 AM.